Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham - Things getting Worse

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

was at the nieces birthday today, so turned on 5live at half time to hear we were 2-0 down, and i wasnt surprised at all.

when i got in the car 30 minutes after the game finished and heard wed won, i wasnt surprised.

when i hear the actual score and what happened, i was stunned!

if anyone has links to the game or knows if there are highlights on, let me know.

cant say im sorry to see wham go. i dont perticularly hold them responsible for us not making the CL last season. we had 38 games to do that, however, for some reason hammers fans absolutely hate spurs, so for all the crap ive read in the last week, and all the crap they did give us after last years game, good bye and so long.

they played beautiful football last season, they were excellent. this season, they dont belong in the championship. that league is too good for them. the premier is for too good for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,079 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

if anyone has links to the game or knows if there are highlights on, let me know.

Match of the Day 2 will be showing highlights anyway, on BBC at 23.10. Have it set to record on sky plus already myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

nice one. ta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2026092,00.html

Another reason for there sudden downfall. Curbs wont be sacked, he will given and chance to get them promoted again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Another reason for there sudden downfall. Curbs wont be sacked, he will given and chance to get them promoted again.

paints a bad picture alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

county wrote:
    paints a bad picture alright

Thing about that article is though, they talk about £50,00 as if it was you or me losing it. £50,000 is probably at most 2 weeks wages too even the lesser first teamers. They arent going to starve over it and I doubt it bothers them too much, if it did they wouldnt bet it in the first place. Plus if its a pot of £50,000 its probably come from 5 or 6 players pockets so probably half a weeks wages. I piss away half my wages every week aswell. It's all relative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Stekelly wrote:
    They arent going to starve over it and I doubt it bothers them too much, if it did they wouldnt bet it in the first place.

Oh lord, tell you dont actually believe that?

Oh lord, tell you dont actually believe that?

These players are not on the breadline as a result of their gambling on the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,079 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Stekelly wrote:
    These players are not on the breadline as a result of their gambling on the bus.

The article does point out its much more serious then just simple betting within ones means for enjoyment..
    Two members of the squad have undertaken counselling and treatment for gambling addiction, and a third player is also believed to be seeking professional help.

• Advertisement

In fairness a gambling addiction runs a lot deeper than playing with your mates. This would be a long running thing. Curbishly doesnt seem to be able to handle it, not speaking to players is hardly a way to run things, especially at a club thats in the ****ter.

The players will take advantage of a sign of weakness like that. They are 20-30 year old guys with a lot of money and probably not a lot of sense.

Advertisement