Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 Friends offer, 1c calls to three O2 numbers

• 02-03-2007 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

I spoke with customer care today and 1c weekends will not be continuing but the new offer for O2 speak easy customers is O2 Friends.

This offer allows you to call 3 selected O2 numbers for 1c per minute off peak and at the weekend.
    To activate you must call customer care on 1747 (14c per call) and supply them with up to 3 nominated O2 numbers, they can view your call history if you wish and help you identify the most frequently called O2 numbers.
    There is no stated end date for this promotion, T & C's are here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 melissau76

You can also do this online. Log onto the O2 website and enter the 3 selected names on the O2 network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Are you sure this offer is available for signup now? I thought it was finished?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

I can call 3 friends for free for the past year on my bill tariff :).I do not need to register

Was still available last week online. I suppose you could have a look online or phone them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

1c weekends is going?! That's the one thing that's kept me on O2!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

o2 are cnuts, we use our phones and pay more than any other country where o2 are and we only get to call 3 friends for 1c at the weekends, in the uk they get free calls & texts all weekend, 'its our way of saying thanks' so they say yet they dont use there phones or pay as much as we do, so where is the reward for irish users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

You can also do this online. Log onto the O2 website and enter the 3 selected names on the O2 network.
    Where did you see the option? The customer service agent said this was currently not an option for this promo, as does the T&C's:
    O2 wrote:
    Offer available to O2 Speak easy customers only and can only be activated by contacting O2 Customer Care.

ciaranfo wrote:
    Are you sure this offer is available for signup now?
    Yes, I thought the same but I definitely had it activated just yesterday. I rang about something else and they told me about it.
    1c weekends is going?!
    Yip, its gone. Their '06 4th quarter figures announced this week may have had something to with it:
    the revenues it gained from users of its network remained static compared to the previous quarter

A friend of mine said you could do it last week online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Just to let you know I've just activated mine now by ringing 1741, so they are still allowing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭colmranger

That phone likne is very busy.

I tcalled three times yesterday and today and each time was given an automated message saying to call again that the lines were too busy!

I will try online now so fingers crossed.

I just got mine sorted by telephone.

The online option to set it up is not set up by O2 yet.

At the moment you can only set it up by calling O2.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

they seem to refer to it as an 'add on' in the T&C, are you sure you don't have to pay for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Manic...

Taken from the O2 website :
    O2 Friends

Unfortunately you can no longer sign-up to O2 Friends as the promotion ended on 31st January '07. If you have any queries relating to the promotion, please contact Customer Care on 1747.

Mine was set up today no problem and so was my partners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

O2 called me to register 3 friends ..... i couldn't think of more than 1 :D
    I dont have friends (on o2 or anywhere else) or maybe they shouldn't have woken me up with that call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

got mine registered on phone..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Got my two phones set up last night and when I had the attention of the nice girl from o2 I did the same for the missus' phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

its only open till friday i am on to 02 now

I was talking to the guy in 02 and he said that they are not advertising it it is only through word of mouth. Its only open till Friday on a trial basis. If it catches on it will be advertised heavily but if it doesnt it will not be :confused: . Anyway he said that once you register the offer will stay on your account for as long as you stay with 02 and you can change your friends every 3 months.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep.. phoned O2 there and got through to Customer Care practically straight away (a first i must say).

They were very happy to set me up - and wanted to know where i heard about it and were happy that the news was spreading but did explain it was on a trial basis so that's why it was taken off the O2 site. But that it's better to get in early.

Cheers for that OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭morgana

Thanks guys for that - got it set up today :-)

I just set up my neighbour, my two daughters, my daughters friends and text everyone I know who is on 02 to phone and take advantage. Thanks again OP.:D I just phoned my sis there for 10 minutes for 10c excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

just to clear things up as they are at present - those who registered for this a good while back (up to feb i think) get the O2 friends without any €20 minimum topup as applies to the current applicants.

Just to follow on from podgeandrodge, the new T&C's are here
    You can now register online until 31st August 2007 and the promotion runs until 31st January 2009.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

why dont they ever do anything like this for pay monthly customers? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

steve 0 wrote:
    You can now register online until 31st August 2007 and the promotion runs until 31st January 2009.

I see the new T&C's but the page still says "Unfortunately you can no longer sign-up to O2 Friends as the promotion ended on 31st January '07. If you have any queries relating to the promotion, please contact Customer Care on 1747."

I see the new T&C's but the page still says "Unfortunately you can no longer sign-up to O2 Friends as the promotion ended on 31st January '07. If you have any queries relating to the promotion, please contact Customer Care on 1747."
    I'd say thats an oversight on the side of the web department, I have the option to edit my 3 'Smart Numbers' through My Account\Extra services, presumably you can subscribe to the offer here if you have no numbers set up or just call customer care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭blobert

"Customers must top up by a total of €20 in a calendar month in addition to any drip fed or promotional credit received each month to avail of the 1c calls to their 3 nominated numbers in the following calendar month. Customers who fail to top up by this amount will not be able to avail of 1c calls to their nominated numbers again until they have topped up by the required €20 in a single calendar month."

...Not so good for people like me that rarely buy credit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Scruff wrote:
    They did have a Family & Friends promo in Dec/Jan. You (the Bill-payer) could nominate up to 4 other nos & you would get free calls from you to them and vice-versa. It finished around Mid-Jan. Great value, I must say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

yay got my 3 numbers for 1c there a few mins ago....got straight through! me's delighted, will save a fortune! :D

Cheers OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

They did have a Family & Friends promo in Dec/Jan. You (the Bill-payer) could nominate up to 4 other nos & you would get free calls from you to them and vice-versa. It finished around Mid-Jan. Great value, I must say.

balls.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

drdre wrote:
    I can call 3 friends for free for the past year on my bill tariff :).I do not need to register

really what option are you on?
    I have never seen such an offer/option with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Scruff wrote:
    balls.
    Likewise.

I must have missed that telepathic ad they sent. Although they were good enough to text me to say I was entitled to an upgrade. Hurray!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

blastman wrote:
    Although they were good enough to text me to say I was entitled to an upgrade. Hurray!
    In other words they let you know that they want more of your hard earned money :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

drdre wrote:

Id like to know bout this too, sounds very handy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Scruff wrote:
    If you have an upgrade on Active Life you get free O2/O2 calls at the weekends for the next 6 months at the moment! I'd use my upgrade if anyone I called was on O2 lol

steve 0 wrote:
    For any latecomers, they've extended the sign-up period to 31st October 2007.

Bump. The sign up period ends 31/10/07.

Advertisement