Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know were to buy CrossFire Bridge

Options
  • 02-03-2007 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hello i am looking to buy two CrossFire Bridges for x1650xt

I have rang all the main dealers in ireland and all start nope cant get them, Only places i have found is Komplett but i dont wanna use them because they were ment to send me two when i bought my cards,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

dont they come with the cards??? SLI bridges come with the cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭kiwi84000

Thats what i was told when i was buying them but when they came there was non in any of the boxs and when i rang they said its notting they can do as it was a sealed box!

And they do use brigdes?? They have a place to connect them?

Yes the x1650xt and x1900 are the first AIT cards to use Crossfire bridges its ment to walk all over the SLI Bridge system, But i wouldnt know as i dont got my bridges,

YEah i knew there were some ATI cards coming out soon that used bridges. They have two bridge connection points on tehm dont they?? The only thing I can think if is to get one off fo ebay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

X1650XT & X1950 Pro use the second generation Crossfire which has a bridge SLI like connection the bad news is that the a good portion of the X1650XT cards out their are being sold without the Crossfire bridge as you have found out the hard way.

To get the bridge you had to buy a Crossfire edition X1650XT which is no different from any other X1650XT it just comes with the bridges (the height of stupidity I know). The ATI only branded versions of the X1650XT also had them but they are not to easy to find in these parts.

eBay is your best bet for locating them.

Unfortunately unlike the rest of the X1600 line is seems the X1650XT requires the bridge so no soft option over the PCI-e bus either though it is worth double checking with the latest drivers just in case anything has changed.

By the way what brand X1650XT cards where they ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

Google is your friend.:D

http://shop.ati.com/product.asp?sku=3186855

I've ordered from ATI before..but that was only software.

Are they USA/Canada only though ?

If they refuse to ship to Ireland you can use this service which will give you a US address from which they will forward the package on to you via courier.

It looks like they don't ship except to U.S. and Canada.
    Must have changed their policies since I ordered from them.

These guys appear to ship internationally though a little more expensive:

http://order.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/wg-order?unique=9a0bf&catalog=videoware&et=45e9a7c7&basket=b%3D5C3c42bfd1009df545e9a0bf2e2743a42bfd13d85cad5d15d25ec967db098cdcd%26l%3D%26s%3DiGvVbjEl5K9V6gkjN7DING3GyO8-

8T8 wrote:
    X1650XT & X1950 Pro use the second generation Crossfire which has a bridge SLI like connection the bad news is that the a good portion of the X1650XT cards out their are being sold without the Crossfire bridge as you have found out the hard way.

To get the bridge you had to buy a Crossfire edition X1650XT which is no different from any other X1650XT it just comes with the bridges (the height of stupidity I know). The ATI only branded versions of the X1650XT also had them but they are not to easy to find in these parts.

eBay is your best bet for locating them.

Unfortunately unlike the rest of the X1600 line is seems the X1650XT requires the bridge so no soft option over the PCI-e bus either though it is worth double checking with the latest drivers just in case anything has changed.

By the way what brand X1650XT cards where they ?

Thanks for the reply mate, I knew all that the problem is i was told when i was buying that i would get the bridge with them But after they came and i looked there was non, When i called and ask Komplett they said " There is notting we can do, It wasa stealed box" Bla anyways i tryed the AIT site they wont order to me I can get them from an IRISH company but its a 4 week load time But it looks like i will have to do that,

I got two of them http://www.hisdigital.com/html/product_ov.php?id=270

• Advertisement

I gave you a wrong link.

http://search.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/nsearch?catalog=videoware&query=crossfire+bridges&.autodone=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.svideo.com%2Fnsearch.html

They are $11.99 eachfrom these guys
    I did a dummy order just to see what it would cost including postage:

Your Order
    Item Name SubTotal
    2 Crossfire Bridge Interconnect 23.98
    Subtotal: 23.98
    Shipping: 2.45
    Tax: 0.00
    Total: 26.43

Seems very reasonable.

I swear I looked on Komplett the other day and found nothing but Crossfire bridges have turned up on Komplett right here, interesting timing..

Now they are intended for Sapphire cards which follow the reference design so I'm not sure about the HIS cards as they use a custom cooler but for the price it's worth trying them out anyway.

Are they solid bridges or are they flexible? Also remember you still have to pay€12 with komplett even though they are really small, for the shipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I think I may have one, but I don't have a sli capable mobo so it doesn't matter. I'll check for you tonight, fingers crossed, I definately had one but whether I still have it...

The bridges looks flexible so it may fit also I think you need two bridges as there are two sets of interfaces on the cards, never tried out Crossfire on the X1650XT or X1950Pro so not totally sure on that.

HavoK wrote:
    I think I may have one, but I don't have a sli capable mobo so it doesn't matter. I'll check for you tonight, fingers crossed, I definately had one but whether I still have it...

Crossfire and SLI are different interfaces.

8T8 wrote:
    The bridges looks flexible so it may fit also I think you need two bridges as there are two sets of interfaces on the cards, never tried out Crossfire on the X1650XT or X1950Pro so not totally sure on that.

You need 2 bridges for each crossfire setup.

i thought you only need one bridge for crossfire, the two connectors are for using more then 2 cards(i.e. that ATI idea off using 3 cards,2 for graphics and one for physics. Or or just using them all for graphics.)

Beelzebub wrote:
    Crossfire and SLI are different interfaces.

yeah i know sorry, just habit of writing sli

i thought you only need one bridge for crossfire, the two connectors are for using more then 2 cards(i.e. that ATI idea off using 3 cards,2 for graphics and one for physics. Or or just using them all for graphics.)

ATI don't recommend using only one bridge: reasons: performance drop and lower resolutions.

Also to support future higher resolutions apparently.

from these guys who know their SH1T:

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTE5OCwyLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

• Advertisement

HavoK wrote:
    yeah i know sorry, just habit of writing sli

No worries!:cool:

Well I found a crossfire link in my amazing cupboard o' crap...

Advertisement