Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accommodation......

Options
  • 02-03-2007 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

heya. i actually go to mary i. but since theres no mary i board here i said id ask ye here..

me and 3 of my friends are trying to get accommodation for september near mary i college but we're not havin any luck. im just wondering if any of ye know no ne1 with a palce near mary i that would be ffree for 4 girls in september.

hope someone is able to help...!! pritty please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

city campus is a good spot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

*groan* text speak... sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭maggie_cork

one word in txt.... shoot me..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

one word in txt....

theres = there's
    i = I
    id = I'd ask
    september = September
    havin = having
    im = I'm
    ye = you
    no = know
    ne1 = any one
    palce = place
    mary = Mary
    ffree = Free
    4 = four
    hope = Hope
    pritty = Pretty
    please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! = please!

Actually 16 unique examples. Some are repeated.
    Good job you're not going to do Maths, eh? :)

sinecurea wrote:
    Good job you're not going to do Maths, eh? :)

or english!

oh err wait, Mary I you say, ah well, nevermind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

I cannot believe that you are giving her so much stick about her spelling on a forum where it is irrelevant unless you cannot understand her.

Also giving out about leaving out capitals is taking things a little bit far.

'oh err wait, Mary I you say, ah well, nevermind!'

oh err ah??? I doubt you will find them in the dictionary.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

OP have you asked the college accom. office if they have a list of houses/other dwelling types for rent.

I know UL release one every year so maybe Mary I. do it too

PeakOutput wrote:

'oh err wait, Mary I you say, ah well, nevermind!'

oh err ah??? I doubt you will find them in the dictionary.

Perhaps not, however you will find the word 'sarcasm'

I merely pointed out that text speak or incomplete words are annoying. I do believe that the sarcasm was then introduced by the OP, I merely continued this.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

PeakOutput wrote:
    I cannot believe that you are giving her so much stick about her spelling on a forum where it is irrelevant unless you cannot understand her.

Also giving out about leaving out capitals is taking things a little bit far.

Given that text speak is banned in the charter, I see nothing wrong with giving her 'so much stick'
    Nukem wrote:
    Posting in "rtrd"
    - Using txtspk n ur psts is cnsdrd been rlly stpd cuz u hv qwert kbd n ur pc so xpct 2 b wrnd. Please don't do this, this is not a bannable offence but repeat offenders might be "asked" to take a break from posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Peteee wrote:
    Given that text speak is banned in the charter, I see nothing wrong with giving her 'so much stick

Did you even read what you copied and pasted from the charter?
    Charter wrote:
    Please don't do this, this is not a bannable offence but repeat offenders might be "asked" to take a break from posting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Peteee wrote:
    Given that text speak is banned in the charter, I see nothing wrong with giving her 'so much stick'

i just dont find how she types relevant in any way at all and it just sounds like a bit of a cheap dig to me thats all but if its in the charter its in the charter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Just on this.. what is the dealy with replying to posts about acc. Is it considered avertising? Just asking due to situation

Well, there is an accommodation/property forum.

I'd be inclined to let it be but off thread ie. say you've got a place to rent or know someone renting and take it to PM then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Ta muchly.. well I will have a place to rent soon again.. suppose just jumping the gun really :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

kaimera wrote:
    Did you even read what you copied and pasted from the charter?

Did you even read what I said?

I said, text speak is banned (Or at least really really frowned upon, and that you shouldn't do it).

I never said anything about text speak being a bannable offence. :confused:

Peteee wrote:
    Did you even read what I said?

I said, text speak is banned (Or at least really really frowned upon, and that you shouldn't do it).

I never said anything about text speak being a bannable offence

If it's banned, it's a bannable offence to do it. Simple as. Can't read that any other way.
    Funny how I don't recall you having the frowned upon bit originally..
    Charter wrote:
    Please don't do this...

It was a polite please don't do this not a this is not allowed type post.
    And ya'll blew this out of ****ing proportion anyway.

I saw the post before any replies. If I'd felt it was against the charter, I'd have done something.

Lay off the OP as of now.

To be honest, I didnt make the original comment to start anything off, merely as a reminder to watch 'ye olde' abbreviated text, for everyone's reading pleasure. I wasn't intending to make it a charter issue, just merely coughing loudly with a reminder!

anyway, ya </end> or in 'real english', end of :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭UnReg123

lads, just stick to the original question will ye!!!!:D

hey, I'm in Mary I aswell, got myself a house in Castlewell for next year. as far as I know a lot of places are gone, so you're best bet is to go to City Campus. the college has an accommodation list as well, get it from student services, but like I said a lot of those places are gone. best of luck!!! :)

Advertisement