Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phase 1 complete...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Nice to see things back up and running. Good job lads.

Now,
    am I the only one missing the drop down menus?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

mike65 wrote:
    Anyone else suffering fast-loading pages which then hang
    "Waiting (#insert number here) for connection to www.boards.ie", its images/icons avatars etc that won't appear.
    I'm using boards.ie instead of www.boards.ie, because of lingering DNS problems - I've temporarily added an entry to /etc/hosts to point www.boards.ie to the right IP address to get graphics working.

JS menus still missing here. I'm actually going to have to learn how to navigate boards using HTML...

Well done on the move, guys.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Great stuff lads, I've done the whole "moving sh1t loads of servers over a weekend" thing (twice!) and I know exactly how much bloody hard work it is and for those of you who aren't familiar with the procedues involved, the lads have got the site back up and running in warp speed.

Only thing is, I've become utterly dependant on the drop-downs for navigation :D

Thanks again lads, pints owed etc...

[edit]
    Big thanks also to hosting365 for their support over whatever length of time it was (I really can't remember how long we've been hosted there!) and to Digiweb for taking this monster on!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Hmmm... my JS menu appears to have gone AWOL, other than that it's working fine

(but my subbed list is crrrrying!)

Same here. You should be able to see your subbed list in your User CP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Menu gone here too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sites loading grand here. :) No menus appearing tho, but that seems to be a known fact!

Patience is all thats needed, and soon Boards will be back to its full potential!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Fantastic stuff lads, fair play!

Good to have it back. Now the only thing for me is to work out why firefox freezes every time I open a thread!

Very zippy indeed and no issues noticed so far :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I think the timing of posts is a little off (or something else) whenever ye get around to poking with it again. Eg. Smushbush was the thread starter, not I. :)

I remember that happening before. I also noticed that I posted something today then edited it and the edited version appeared as a second post.

On a positive note, boards.ie has been blisteringly* fast for me since the move over. :)

* Must stop rubbing myself against it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Been rather erratic for me today, to the point of being frustrating sometimes. Every couple of requests will fail, but when it works its off like a shot. Seeing lots of "Connection to the server was reset" errors, and thats if I'm lucky. AJAX based stalls just sit there, empty gazed and drooling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Are we getting the old search back now?

Board tracker sucks more than a thai hooker!!!!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Ruu wrote:
    I think the timing of posts is a little off (or something else) whenever ye get around to poking with it again. Eg. Smushbush was the thread starter, not I. :)

**** though, that does make you look pretty cool, answered before asked, nice.

Not sure if it will be still be the case after I post this, but in the forum listing for the Feedback forum, it shows the last post on this thread as being Kenny 5's post at 23:20 despite daveym's being the last post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Aye its just a lil bit of a time synch issue. It will be fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

It's grand n all but can yiz hurry up with it ffs?

[runs for cover]

Joking!

What are we paying ye for lads? :)

Asok wrote:
    Aye its just a lil bit of a time synch issue. It will be fixed.

You're damn right it will Asok, damn right!!!

Now let me dress up as a tarantula and woo my turkish princess

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

[chief wiggum]Looking good boys, looking good.[/chief wiggum]

Eat poo Asok, we all know who she was after over there so there's no need to drag me into this!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

Great work lads really zippy this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Kharn wrote:
    Big thanks also to hosting365 for their support over whatever length of time it was (I really can't remember how long we've been hosted there!)

Nearly 5 years :) Well done lads on a pretty seamless move !
    Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

/me waits for regi to say oops

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Tis gone very slow again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Of course it's slow. Most people use the site while bored at work.

Still faster than what it was last week though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

Back to the normal slowness :(

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Are you sure it's not just your connection? Mine's flying along.

No it went very slow there for a while between 2:00 and 3:00

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Stark wrote:
    No it went very slow there for a while between 2:00 and 3:00

Yeah it was really slow here too. Seems to be ok again though.

Advertisement