Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dem hare statues

Options
  • 02-03-2007 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭

Y'know.... them alice in wonderland looking statues that were on oconnell street for a while? Anyone have any idea where they were shipped off to? Are they still on display anwhere??

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think the artist exhibits them all over the world, so they have moved on somewhere.
    His name is Barry Flanagan.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

They were only a temporary exhibition.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

meh, i knew it was temporary but i was hoping they might have gone into the hugh lane or some park somewhere..ah well :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

you could contact the dublin city council press office to find out where they have gone on 086 - 8150010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've tried googling him and couldn't find much.

I seem to recall something about them heading off to NYC when they left here, but thats not a certainty on my behalf.

I thought they were brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Mairt wrote:
    I've tried googling him and couldn't find much.

I seem to recall something about them heading off to NYC when they left here, but thats not a certainty on my behalf.

I thought they were brilliant.

Correct, I remember seeing a photo of one of them in Wall Street.
    I think they were in Manchester also. You could follow them, become a groupie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭notjim

There is one at the IMMA, a tall hare with a tambourine I think, it used to be by the entrance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I wish we had more public art on our streets.

Yes, of course there would be morons who would vandalise pieces, but overall I think it would be a good thing.

I love that house on Abbey Street near the Epicurean Mall - the one where the guy changes how it looks all the time. I liked the hares.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

spurious wrote:
    I love that house on Abbey Street near the Epicurean Mall - the one where the guy changes how it looks all the time.
    ^^^What's this?

There is a house on Abbey Street, next door to the Epicurean Mall - opposite where Chapters bookshop used to be and the guy who lives there seems to be some sort of artist, decorating his doorway with all manner of things.

I've asked about him and I don't think he actually owns the building but has lived there for a long time and has certain rights.

He has decorated it using bicycles at one stage and a whole host of those children's windmills once. He also puts mosaics on the steps. I think it's quite charming.

• Advertisement
Advertisement