Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign Property

Options
  • 02-03-2007 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi all,
    i am thinking of buying a holiday home in Europe somewhere. I am wondering what kind of financial options could i consider. I have a VERY small deposit (5k) but i have a good income - could one get a mortgage/loan for something like this?

Anyone been in a similar position?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Yes i was and turkey is where i bought
    1500 sq feet 100k :D pm me and i will let you know the story (best thing i ever did to)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,398 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Carpenter wrote:
    1500 sq feet 100k :D pm me and i will let you know the story (best thing i ever did to)
    If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Carpenter wrote:

Carpenter how did you get a mortgage for the foreign property?
    Thought that Irish banks would be very reluctant to give loans for such an investment if you dont have it secured against another property here?

I was toying with the idea of buying a house to retire to in the Alps myself which would cost a fraction of a house here and wouldn't have to worry about paying rent, but gave up on the idea as friends advised the banks wouldn't consider loaning to me given I don't have property here to secure it against.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement