Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results!

Options
  • 02-03-2007 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

So, how did everyone do in their mocks?

I know a lot of people are just doing them now, but for the people who have them done!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Haven't any results back yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

I only have 2 to get back, and one more mock to do lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Nehpets wrote:
    I only have 2 to get back, and one more mock to do lol
    When did you start yours? Were they corrected by your own teachers or by the DEB/whatever examination board your school uses?

I haven't got any back yet, so fingers crossed I'll have some good news to share over dinner some time next week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Got an A2 in HL French Examcraft paper (86%) which was easy and a D2 in my maths paper... 47%... hopefully pull up to a C for the real thing, but who knows

When did you start yours? Were they corrected by your own teachers or by the DEB/whatever examination board your school uses?

I haven't got any back yet, so fingers crossed I'll have some good news to share over dinner some time next week...

Started them about 2 weeks before the midterm. Finished about 2 days before the midterm. The one I have left is outside my school so that's why I haven't done it!

I have no idea what papers they were, and all sent away except engineering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Got an A2 in HL French Examcraft paper (86%) which was easy and a D2 in my maths paper... 47%... hopefully pull up to a C for the real thing, but who knows

*Debates asking to find out whats on French?* No, cant do. Although I must ask, a D2 on that Maths paper, fair play

Mushy wrote:
    *Debates asking to find out whats on French?* No, cant do. Although I must ask, a D2 on that Maths paper, fair play

I think we had the DEB Maths paper, I am fairly happy with 47% :o but it wasn't corrected properly at all.. It was done in a serious rush (the first paper we got back too) and it was corrected in the following manor: Any right final answer (even with errors in the workings) got full marks, any wrong final answer WITH correct workings was only EVER given 'Att 3' (even if 90% of the lead up to it had been correct).... Not that I'm excusing my grade, I'm sure I was given marks where I didn't deserve them too..

I'm pretty sure the Examcraft paper was a lot harder..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

A2 in English, nothing else back yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 CosaFada

I did mine like 3 weeks ago n still havnt got any back yet!its kinda annoyin but at the same time i dnt no if i really wanna know!haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

We were told not to expect results in anything less than a month (all being sent away).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

School policy in my school is not to send them out, so 'the teachers do their job' or something. Ridiculous, I would have liked the choice. Results expected anytime after Wednesday.

Spank wrote:
    A2 in English, nothing else back yet.

That is outstanding... Well done.

Was it corrected nicely or harshly?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Got 2 in so far, i am excelling in mediocrity,

Although there probably going to be my best :eek: :o

French 60%
    Biology 62%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Got Biology (52), French (59) and History (68) back. Biology and French were Examcraft, and History was DEB.

Biology was marked terribly, no marks given if it wasn't word-for-word what the textbook said. How RETARDED.

French was fine, apart from the personal reactions/diaries, marked far too hard.

History was marked on 5 paragraphs, the essays, instead of 6. Weird. GAA document question marked extremely hard, but the essays were fair.

I expect to be about 100 points from what I need at this rate, but geography, english and irish should all be high.

Home Ec HL 42% (I f*cking passed it!! ^_^)
    History HL - 63% (Booyah expected a D3)
    French OL - 82% (Yeah babeh)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

60 in OL French, no oral added yet.
    63 in HL Irish (so suprised, thought I failed but I think it was marked far too easy)
    54 in HL History, honour with the research proj on I suppose.
    89 in HL English

Still waiting for the rest, Bio will be terrible.

Wow 89% in English thats really good!

I got 2 in as expected..

66% in Lower Irish
    35% in Physics :D Im actually almost happy thought i'd get 10% :D

Gota be getting the head down for that now

Im heading for like 250pts after i fail maths:eek: :o

Oh dear.... lets hope English and Geog pop me up

So,

French (H) 60%
    Biology (H) 62%
    Physics (H) 35%
    Irish (L) 66%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭blondie07

Irish (H) 86% (but it was marked way too easy)
    French (H) 85%
    Geography (H) 74%

Happy with those so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Phys/Chem:85%
    French:67%

happy especially with french i am useless at languages

blondie07 wrote:
    Irish (H) 86% (but it was marked way too easy)
    French (H) 85%
    Geography (H) 74%

Happy with those so far

Those are really good, well done!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

I've been happy with mine so far. Mostly. 2 more to go but I should get my course.

English - 91%
    Classical Studies - 92%
    History - 87%
    Economics - 75%
    Maths (OL) - 73%

The maths wasn't great but I won't be using it for points anyway.

Yea yea yer all losers:rolleyes: :D

Only joking ;)

Wish I had done Classical Studies!!! Just coz I love English literature and I'm in need of an honour to replace maths which will be (at very best) in the Cs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭snapjiggyfluff

just got 2 back
    Maths(H)-46%-delighted! I was sure I'd failed!
    Irish(H)-80%-happy with it but it was marked quite hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭cookiemonst3r

Maths Paper 1 96% (i didnt even get the best in the class!! still waiting on paper2which i most definately failed)
    English 60% (secretly laughed in my teachers face cos last yr she told me to do pass)
    Irish 76%

Turns out I got 48% in Home ec as the examiner forgot to add in one of my questions.

64% in English wooo! Worked out my points as like 230 for 4 subjects, happy with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

The pre was a kick up the backside for me. I haven't done as well as I had hoped, so got to go here and study... for a change.

Not thrilled with my results but no fails. 54 in maths :( Best has been 70 in engineering. Still waiting on English!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

if it's honours maths, what's the problem? More than half our honours maths class failed, some very badly. The pass maths isn't back yet.

English H 65%. Comparative marked way hard and the unseen...mine was a little paragraph. Highest in the year was 73%- so in fairness, also marked very hard.

Points are 255 for 4 subjects. Want to scrape the 400, will be happy with that. Think I'm well able to shove that up to the 510 I need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

From my Mocks, I hope to get ~300, that'd be ok. Should hopefully be able to push on from there, get ~400 in the Leaving. Although I'm quite sure I've failed two subjects so far, Maths(H) & Irish(O). And French tomorrow...havent opened a book, I'm too fecking tired for this and I'm beginning to hate the subject

Advertisement