Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

if it's honours maths, what's the problem? More than half our honours maths class failed, some very badly. The pass maths isn't back yet.

Yeah honours. I would have been delighted with 55% lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

At this stage I only have one result.

Maths (OL) - 72 % - B3

It's not what I wanted though. I'm hoping to get an A1 in the real thing so I'll have to put a bit more effort in in class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Here you all are talking about results and mine are only starting tomorrow. God dammit! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Hate that!:(
    I was in your situation 2 weeks ago, but I was surprised how fast the week went.
    After English the exams flew!
    This was during the mid-term just to add which kinda sucked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Nehpets wrote:
    Yeah honours. I would have been delighted with 55% lol:D

As would I ;)

I agree... English is the most daunting thing about the pre's/LC (and hl ir/maths if you do them) mainly because they're so close together.

I don't find it half as straining sitting the rest of my exams, French, Econ, Accounting, which are more spaced out (a whole week in the case of the latter two :D)

but having two papers of English, Irish and Maths so close together is very daunting! And Home Ec on the same day as Irish P2 on top of that!!!! Thank God I do pass Irish is all I can say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

Got 460 points altogether. Need 2 hit 500 though!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

55 in a HL Maths paper at this stage of the year is quite good going IMO!

English is tricky but I wouldn't say daunting, if you have a reasonable aptitude and read the questions carefully on paper one, you should have no problem....even winging it. As for paper two..... well thats a whole different ball game!

Honors Maths.... The size of the course is daunting to me, I like maths and I do enjoy the subject however that hasn't (I presume) stopped me failing the mocks. Theres just so much to learn and cover in the two years and crucial to it is understanding what you are being thought as thats currently the fashion with examiners to test your understanding of the subject.

nick23 wrote:
    Got 460 points altogether. Need 2 hit 500 though!

Congradulations... Looks like you'll pull your course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I got ordinary Irish back, got a b3, I was happy enough since I only studied night before

I would be delighted with 280 or around that mark, I wanted to do classics or journalism but my aim is just arts in ucd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

275 from 5 subjects, banking on Irish to bring me up past the 300.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

365 still one to do & get back so that might replace my d1 in German :D but maybe not.. I should be studying for it! The course I want was 365 last year I think

345 points! I'm delighted with it, I was just aiming to pass most subjects (let's not count maths). My course was 350 last year iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Geography H- 67%
    Irish H-72%

Both were the highest in the year, which shows how ridiculously hard our mocks were marked.

405 points. Meh, but confident in shoving it up to 510.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

only one in so far... Geography(H) - 85.2%
    Delighted with it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

mathew wrote:
    ... Geography(H) - 85.2%
    ...to be precise:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

haven't got any back yet:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Once you all finished your mocks, how long did ye have to wait before getting them back or start getting them back? 3 weeks?

got our first back after 2 weeks, but they were corrected in too much of a rush! Got 2 back the following week and I'm yet to hear of the other 4! tut! getting very impatient!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Got all my results back today bar irish, which is my OL subject so it doesnt matter anyway!

Math (HL) 86%
    English (HL) 77%
    French (HL) 63%
    Physics (HL) 93%
    Chemistry (HL) 84%
    Biology (HL) 82%
    Applied Math (HL) 88%

Hopefully get around 550 in the actual LC. Now its time to start ****ting the orals! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

Got my Business paper back today,shocked! 85%, my highest business result before was 60%. It was the examcraft paper(sunsheen paints ABQ). Anyone else do this one and get it corrected by the company, was it the paper itself that was easy or the marking of it,i did not even study that hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yis are all flippin genius'. and as you can see, I'm not doing well at English:D

I finished yesterday, so obviously wont have them back for a while, but heres what I hope to get:
    Accounting-B1/B2,
    History-B3
    English-C2
    Maths-emmmmmmm, yeah!
    Irish(OL)-a pass
    French-C3
    Physics(OL)-A2

Jaysus, if I got those results(I prob wont), I could end up with a bit over 300. I'd be delighted with that. Damn it, just got my hoped up falsely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

im...LOST wrote:
    At this stage I only have one result.

Maths (OL) - 72 % - B3

It's not what I wanted though. I'm hoping to get an A1 in the real thing so I'll have to put a bit more effort in in class.
    Only got one result yet. I'm in the same boat as you. I got 73% but need an A2 at least. Time to 'knuckle down'!

eZe^ wrote:
    Got all my results back today bar irish, which is my OL subject so it doesnt matter anyway!

Math (HL) 86%
    English (HL) 77%
    French (HL) 63%
    Physics (HL) 93%
    Chemistry (HL) 84%
    Biology (HL) 82%
    Applied Math (HL) 88%

Hopefully get around 550 in the actual LC. Now its time to start ****ting the orals! :D

:eek: Are you serious?... Freaking 530 in your pres... How did you do it??

I've only three back and I got an A2 and A1 in fr and accounting respectively (let's ignore my maths result), which were probably my best two results, but seriously, your results are crazy :D well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

md99 wrote:
    :eek: Are you serious?... Freaking 530 in your pres... How did you do it??

Here here....goes to show the Leaving Cert can't be failing all of us.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Ha, nobody in our year got any A's. Ours were makred so hard ://

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 evee_03

not 2 bad so far....mediocre!;)

English HL: 75%:D
    French HL: 62% {tape woz terrible 4 me!!:mad: }
    Biology HL: 55% {marked so hard!}
    Geography HL: 71%:D

haven't got irish, home ec & maths back yet. hopefully dats a gud ting!

Ha, nobody in our year got any A's. Ours were makred so hard ://

Ah now, there were a few A's in foundation Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

evee_03 wrote:
    not 2 bad so far....mediocre!;)

English HL: 75%:D
    French HL: 62% {tape woz terrible 4 me!!:mad: }
    Biology HL: 55% {marked so hard!}
    Geography HL: 71%:D

haven't got irish, home ec & maths back yet. hopefully dats a gud ting!

There the mocks, the above is very good ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I've only gotten 2 results so far:

HL French- 63%
    HL English- 65%

Englsih felt like a giant pinch when i got. But I was heavily penalised in comparative for not linking part (i) with part (ii). Hopefully, I'll bunk them up to b1s in time for June

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Got my Maths Paper 1 back today, cos my teacher kept them, didnt send those ones off...but i passed Paper 1:eek:. Could not believe my eyes when I saw it. Got 49% on that paper, and only need 92 marks from Paper 2 for a surprising pass. Will find out tomorrow how I did in that paper...pity its the last class. I still dont feel I did enough in Paper 2 to pass it in full though. At least it'll be close

Advertisement