Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

well done, why am i not a genius

me2gud4u wrote:
    hi i'm new!
    so far pretty pleased with the results although more work needed for maths and chemistry if i want the A1

business a1
    german a2
    Biology a2
    chemistry a2
    Maths b3
    Havn't got irish and english back yet but would be hoping for a1 as i speak fluent irish, and english was sent out too, so fingers crossed!that said tis only the mock and there is no room for complacency yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I got bumped up to 70 in Chemistry and 86 in P2 maths because of mistakes in marking.

w00t

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

me2gud4u wrote:
    hi i'm new!
    so far pretty pleased with the results although more work needed for maths and chemistry if i want the A1

business a1
    german a2
    Biology a2
    chemistry a2
    Maths b3
    Havn't got irish and english back yet but would be hoping for a1 as i speak fluent irish, and english was sent out too, so fingers crossed!that said tis only the mock and there is no room for complacency yet!

Which Business paper did you get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

me2gud4u wrote:
    hi i'm new!

business a1
    german a2
    Biology a2
    chemistry a2
    Maths b3

I hope you're not going for my course!... I don't want this kinda competition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭me2gud4u

not quite sure what business paper we got. The ABQ was about sunsheen paints and then they asked you about all the taxes and insurances that apply to the company.

Yeh but i'm still not entirely happy with those results because i need at least 580 for my course, i don't want to lose it on random selection even at that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Shox

what courae u goin for? med is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭me2gud4u

yeh medicine in ucd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

me2gud4u wrote:
    not quite sure what business paper we got. The ABQ was about sunsheen paints and then they asked you about all the taxes and insurances that apply to the company

thats Examcraft.

So far ive got an A1 in english, a B2 in french, a C1 in irish and a C1 in maths....funnily enough all i need is 165 points :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

i still need to get English back but so far its been ok
    Irish (O) 72%
    History 87%
    Business 71%
    Spanish 62%
    Accounting 79%
    Maths 42%
    Physics 84%

The annoying thing is that in physics and accounting all I need was 3 more marks in each to go up a grade. It'll be better for my mentality though that I got the lower grades. History, our special topic was taken into account although some haven't handed it up and I only handed up the rough draft.
    In the history written paper, does anyone know how the Overall Evaluation works? I can get the 60/60 for the other part but the OE I always drop marks

My Pre Results....

English (HL) B2
    French (HL) A2
    Accounting (HL) A1
    Economics (HL) B2
    Home Economics/S&S (HL) A2
    Maths (HL) D2
    Gaeilge (OL) A1

Pretty happy with most of my results, though English and Economics were corrected ridiculously hard... at least in the case of English, anyway... Nobody got above a B2, and most B/A candidates were in the Cs... A little discouraging, but it always happens in the pres that certain classes get a lovely corrector, and others get a scrooge! ;-)

That's 500 points so I got my course with 15 points to spare provided it stays the same, and as maths and (hoping to God) English will surely go up for the real thing, I'm feeling *fairly* secure as long as I keep up my work rate... That said, most of the pres I felt were pretty easy, though the econ corrector butchered us...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭balzarywex

OE marks are based on your style. Have you answered the question satisfactorally? Do you have a strong introduction? Does your conclusion sum up all your points without simply repeating them and does it offer some insight into the matter at hand? Was your essay argumentative and analytical rather than narative? All that jazz. In all honesty though, examiners are discouraged from giving the full 40 so getting 35 or over is top notch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭DtotheK

all honours:

maths -81% B1
    english -67% C1
    irish -70% B3
    german -70% B3
    technical drawing -95% A1
    applied maths -70% B3
    physics -90% A1
    chemistry -86% A2

total of 525 points, i need around the 500 mark for engineering in UCD.
    And I'll study much more for the real thing, it was a night before job for most of those!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

DtotheK wrote:
    all honours:

maths -81% B1
    english -67% C1
    irish -70% B3
    german -70% B3
    applied maths -70% B3
    physics -90% A1
    chemistry -86% A2

total of 525 points, i need around the 500 mark for engineering in UCD.
    And I'll study much more for the real thing, it was a night before job for most of those!!

:eek: A night before job gets you 525 points:eek:

Fair Play to you!

There really are a bright bunch on here, i feel kind of inadequate:D ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

Added up I got 430...don't ask how because I don't have a clue!I actually(no joke) havent done a tap all year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭DtotheK

:eek: A night before job gets you 525 points:eek:

Fair Play to you!

There really are a bright bunch on here, i feel kind of inadequate:D ;)

Thanks..! i was really pleasently surprised with some of them, i thought maths and applied maths went terrible but i guess not!! and i gambled with learning not all organic exp in chemistry and luckily got a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

BrightEyes wrote:
    In the history written paper, does anyone know how the Overall Evaluation works? I can get the 60/60 for the other part but the OE I always drop marks
    The 40 marks are given for the amount of detail that's given in your essay and whether or not you used comparisons. A mediocre essay with only the basic facts and no analysing or comparisons will be able to score well enough for the Culumative Mark (perhaps 40/60) but would lose a lot of marks for the Overall Evaluation (maybe 15-20).

We've been instructed to treat the question very much like our Comparative Study on the English paper. During the History Teachers in-Service seminar this year, they were told that that the DoE would be looking for more analysis and more comparisons and contrasts by students.

Our History paper was marked horribly. The corrector simply counted the amount of lines in each paragraph and awarded the number of lines as a mark. The maximum anybody got for the OE was 9 marks and some people got over 70 marks for the CM!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Did you get DEB? What did you think of the paper?
    I couldnt believe it when I got out of the exam 30 minutes before the end and still got 97%. IMO the paper was ridiculously easy, the skewlines, the solids in contact and roofs question were a piece of piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

There really are a bright bunch on here, i feel kind of inadequate

Me too!

As for that history thing just above, 70 for the CM, haha, scintilating marking right there! I'm gonna realise too late that I hate history I feel and should have done business. Only 2 months left so might aswell stick it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

Higher Level:
    Biology - A1 - 96%
    English - A1 - 93%
    Physics - A1 - 93%
    Maths - B2 - 78%
    Geography - B3 - 73%
    French - C1 - 68%

And ordinary level Irish I passed.

Got 525 points in total, which I was pleased with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

I got 530 points, happy enough. It could have been a bit better though.

Got 99.5% in Business, two fúcking marks! Silly mistake! A1
    Got 95% in Accounting, should have been a few percent better. A1
    Got 83% in English, a little disappointed was looking for an A2. B1
    Got 75% in Maths, content. B2
    Got 60% in Geoography, disappointing. C2
    Got 90% in French, happy but should do a better aural. A1

• Advertisement

I got 530 points, happy enough. It could have been a bit better though.

Got 99.5% in Business, two fúcking marks! Silly mistake! A1
    Got 95% in Accounting, should have been a few percent better. A1
    Got 83% in English, a little disappointed was looking for an A2. B1
    Got 75% in Maths, content. B2
    Got 60% in Geoography, disappointing. C2
    Got 90% in French, happy but should do a better aural. A1

hope you're not going for my course..

md99 wrote:
    hope you're not going for my course..
    I'll take that as a compliment. :D

I'll take that as a compliment. :D

You sound like my kind of student... business, accounting, french, english would be my ideal A subjects too, I think As in these four are a lot more accessible than many others, surprising you would get a C2 in geogoraphy though, maybe it's not as easy as it's cracked up to be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

hi everyone new on this website,

hope everybody achieved the results they wanted to achieve in their mocks
    i got

Irish ol 82% b1
    english hl 86% a2
    maths hl 92% a1
    business hl 81% b1
    economics hl 96% a1
    geography hl 79 % b2
    history hl 94% a1

i got a total of i think 555 points happy with this.

Question... How is everyone getting so f**king high in the pres? Is this normal... I thought my 500 was going overboard ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

md99 wrote:
    Question... How is everyone getting so f**king high in the pres? Is this normal... I thought my 500 was going overboard ;-)

people are getting high in these examinations because they are putting the work in and are getting the results they deserve!!!!!!!!!.
    you got an excellent result in your pres stop comparing yourself to everybody else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

sorry I missed that.. could you say it again?

uhhhh, calm down boger, if I'd meant that in a serious/negative way i wouldn't have finished with a ;-)

I don't think it's as simple as 'putting the work in and getting the result you deserve' though, if it was there'd be none of this % grade distribution... I hate this idea, though it may help me a bit in maths...

md99 wrote:
    You sound like my kind of student... business, accounting, french, english would be my ideal A subjects too, I think As in these four are a lot more accessible than many others, surprising you would get a C2 in geogoraphy though, maybe it's not as easy as it's cracked up to be?
    I don't think the exam is as easy. That said I would be expecting a B1 or maybe better in the actual, the GI is simple. I need to sharpen up a bit on exam technique, but the main reason is because I simpley find it boring and I didn't spend much time studying it. I would much rather do Economics but unfortuately, and much to my annoyance, it isn't taught in my school.
    I agree with you about the other subjects, they are definetly A subjects for me. I would be banking on an A1 in both business and accounting, hoping to maintain it for French and hope to get an A2 in English. If i get it in anything else it would be a bonus. I would be looking for B1's in the other two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Boger thats the second time you've done that now - I hope the mods are noticing this sh1t.

Advertisement