Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Griffith College Dublin

Options
  • 02-03-2007 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am considering the following courses in Griffith College Dublin:
    Higher Certificate in Computing (GC440) and
    BSc in Computer Science (GC435)

I am just wondering about the college. I am aware that it is private and fee paying, but is it a good college from an education point of view and are the courses well credited? Is HETAC a fairly good body?]
    Does anybody know of the quality of the computing courses that they run?

Thanks,

Techguy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I did my masters there in 2002 after a recommendation from someone who did their degree there.

The staff there are excellent, bar one or two twits, but overal they were excellent. The college was well run, nothing was a problem. The course itself was well structured and the facilities were top notch.

HETAC is a government body that validates courses run in both the private colleges and the institutes of technologies around the country. So the awards from them are held in high regard both nationally and internationally. There is a certain element of snobbery towards HETAC degrees vs. university degrees, but that isn't really as prevalent any more as colleges such as Griffith imrpove their reputation.

In the interest of full disclosure, I actually work with two members of staff who work part-time in Griffith on some of the computing courses. They are excellent academics, great people to work with and certainly know their stuff. I don't work in Griffith, btw. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Thanks for that.. do you know anything about how they are considered by industry? Are they linked to industry, do you get placement?Is it easy to get a job straight out of there??

Thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

techguy wrote:
    Thanks for that.. do you know anything about how they are considered by industry? Are they linked to industry, do you get placement?Is it easy to get a job straight out of there??

Thanks..

No idea really, I was already in employment when I did my course (did it part-time).

Advertisement