Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prem Weekend Thread

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

that's hilarious :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Blackburn prevail over Bolton who seem to have hit a brick wall.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

well this should clear it up then, apologies to those that have already seen this but its well worth a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZPelafMmBc&mode=related&search=
    That is quality :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

So so so harsh on West Ham, but an exciting match nonetheless. Curbs' job must really be under threat now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Defining moment for the Premiership. With a better referee we wouldn't have had to wait until injury time for the winner.

What do pool fans make of Carraghers comment on MOTD? Very critical towards his teammates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QesLOfG3bDA

Whats it going to take to move up the next level and beat the top 2 teams?
    Ans: Better players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Emotions would still have been running high, can see Carragher was absolutely fuming. And rightly so, he had a super game and knows they should have won it.

Hopefully it will pump them up for the game tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

> What do pool fans make of Carraghers comment on MOTD?

Yeah, Jamie, who was Liverpool's best player and played out of his skin, was a bit miffed at being 'mugged' at the end. A bit of a reaction to that but I'm sure he'll be himself this week and wont be blaming other players. But he'll certainly give them a scouse mouthful during matches if they aren't doing what they are supposed to be doing.

Overall, he knows that Reina, and the rest of his defenders aren't the best in the world, and for him it must be heart wrenching to see a goal like that be gifted in the dying minutes after doing everything that he could. Carra saves Liverpool several times in each match. He is not perfect though and a few players get past him from time to time. He is human and he knows that.

Also, I'm sure if he watches the highlights of the match gain as he probably did on Sat evening or Sun, that he would regret his challenge on Rooney (although Rooney was equally at fault with both players having feet up) and a couple of times he himself was also in trouble.

Thats football. No-one likes being mugged .... Carra will get over it, as in the general scheme of things, it makes little difference to Liverpool.

Redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

TBH I personally didn't see a whole lot wron with carraghers challenge. It was more accidental than anything. I don't think he is that type of player.

Great win for UTD though. A fine example of daylight robbery. the irony of it all :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

redspider wrote:
    > What do pool fans make of Carraghers comment on MOTD?

gotta link?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

gandalf wrote:
    Yeah I like Diaby as a player, at one stage during the game he took the ball down, chipped it up and I though I was looking at Paddy at his height again.
    I really, really like Diaby. He's been terrific since coming back from injury and has got to be pushing for a first team place now. He's so good at powering through the middle with the ball, and his passing is quality too.

With himself and Denilson looking the muts nuts for l'Arse and Song doing great at Charlton, I imagine Flamini will be packing his bags sooner or later.

I'm really not convinced at all by Baptista, and I'll be surprised if Wenger keeps him. Too expensive and not good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I love that anwser, 'better players'
    I think everybody loves Carragher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Trilla wrote:
    gotta link?
    youtube link above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

PHB wrote:
    I love that anwser, 'better players'
    I think everybody loves Carragher

Only certain players can get away with comments like that (carra can), because they are both good enough and putting in 100% every week. other players need to take a look at themselves.

Advertisement