Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Cleansing

Options
  • 03-03-2007 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

I wish to protect my home from spirits, I may have invited some in and I don't know if they are ok or negative. What is the best way to do this? I was thinking of burning sage and waving a feather around picturing light or whatever, but I'm not sure. Any hints?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Do you follow any religion?

Since most religions have something they consider protective I would first start with what is considered protected in your faith in deciding how to go about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

No, I don't really follow a Religion as such, I was Baptised and all that, but don't call myself Catholic. I would say I am closer to Agnostic or Pagan. But in the end, all light is the same, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭joseph dawton

There is a tonne of stuff you can do mostly easy.

1. Say a blessing and burn insense such as sage & frankinsense to cleanse and protect your house (no point protecting it if there is already a presence in it - too late). Use whatever words suit your belief system.
    2. Use holy water on the whole perimeter of your house it come can from a church if you are Christian or from a sacred well perhaps if you are Pagan. You can even make ordinary water holy by blessing it yourself and use that.
    3. Make 'wall water' by soaking iron nails in water for a few days, the iron is a deterent to sidhe or spirits, spray this on wall and windows and you might ask/pray for protection of god(dess)/gods/saints/guides etc as you do it.
    4. Make a tallisman to protect your home, something such as a Brigid's Cross or a Turkish Evil Eye acts in this manner.
    5. In the worse case scenario a ring of salt around your bed, room, house will block entry of any unwanted entity.
    6. Don't panic, worrying about these things gives them more power instead take positive actions to feel protected.
    7. A good book to read is Psychic Self Defence by Dion Fortune

www.electricpublications.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Most helpful, thank you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

hi

i want to buy some stage sticks to cleanse my house as well (recommended by a healer)

does any one know where i could buy them from (i live in Firhouse)

Thanks a million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Hi Tazzer, am only in Aylesbury myself and the nearest place to get them is in the House of Astrology on Parliment Street just off Dame Street. I have 5 or 6 bunches myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

thanks 6th. ill go in there and get them. are they expensive? would i need a few bunches to do the whole house?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

One bunch will do it and I think you get 2 in a pack for under a €10 ... I stocked up a couple of years ago mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭joseph dawton

A cheap alternative is to buy ordinary chopped sage from a grocer or supermarket, a packet will cost you 1 to 1.50 and burn this in a metal bowl or on a charcoal burner. Just as effective, lasts longer and loads cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Tesco do some nice sage herb packs atm.
    They can be easily dried for burning, be in a low oven or in a hot press or on a radiator and then tied to gether and burned or ground as joseph dawton suggested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

cheaper alternative is not to freak out about things which dont have power over you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Spyral please expand on your post;
    keeping in mind the rules for posting in this forum which you will find in the charter.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Another alternative is to carry a lantern or candle around your land/property (sunwise) and to say such as "I claim this land for myself and my family. May the gods of my people watch over and bless this place, and may the landwights make us welcome."

Remember to honour the landwights (spirits of the land) as they were here long before you were and will be after your gone. Think of them as very useful neighbours who will treat you with the same respect you show them.

Especially around D24 where the hills are so close and I have found to be a particularly interesting/important part of the country.

Advertisement