Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer 40,000 MMO announced

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

/agreed! :D

Seems like a promising idea. The MMO FPS scene is dank atm. We have Planetside and WW2:OL with failure populations, Huxely which looks like Unreal Tournament, Tabala Rasa is going to be PvE and Lost Colony (lol) isn't real.

We have to wait 3 years tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

*twitch*

I think that this could be really good, but it needs some unique game play to work. I am leafing this right from the DoW franchise.

It is important to have a feel of constant conquest and warfare and a real need to have that conquest be necessary. As such I think that every race should be available but you start as the crappy units, imperial guardsmen, squigs, rippers etc..., and the only way to get the bigger badder units is to fight. Dying means you go down in rank maybe not to the worst characters but definitely worse.

But where do you fight? Conquerable planets that grant you resources necessary for equipment creation. I suppose a bit like planet side but with much more emphasis on combat.

Advertisement