Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bonkey, Diogenes et al, Misinformation Agents or **** Modding??

Options
  • 03-03-2007 3:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭

Well, it's been a long time since I bothered posting anything in this forum, since anybody genuinely interested in such matters usually posts somewhere that you can be reasonably assured that you will in the least get a fair hearing and a response from someone who is mildly interested in the 'conspiracy' side of political debate. But, just from reading the posts in this forum, it seems that it is not being modded properly, and that there are a persistent few who constantly belittle any poster who wishes to post their take on conspiracy theories.

I therefore ask, are the likes of Bonkey and Diogenes et al misinformation agents or are they simply those people who have a psychological make up to be contrary and argue with others? The people who have a psychological need to argue any point since within their own lives they have perhaps supressed anger to the point that they must 'vent' such emotions wherever they possibly can? Like on an internet forum, par example? Or are they possibly misinformation agents, whose sole job is to debunk any anti-agenda theory? It's quite possible that they are, since it's been officially revealed that the CIA and other American intelligence agencies have employed people specifically for the purpose of carrying out such COINTEL as this on the internet. They seem very vehemently to continue to attack posters in this forum.

Either way, that's why I am selective on what I say on the internet nowadays and also why I think the mods are letting down this forum. What do you think? This environment (the forum) isn't a positive one for any 'conspiracy theorist' so why bother having it? :confused:

Move to feedback if you feel the need, or start doing your job properly... either way, I'm probably banned, but I've long ago stopped posting on this forum, so....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Danuogma

Im new to this forum but having read the content of the threads in here I see a pattern in some peoples attitudes. I always question the motives of people who have a consistent need to debunk anything that that goes against the official version of events.
    Yet these same people will often go to great lengths to prop up the official version of events no matter how nonsencial and ludicrous it may be!.
    They will often highjack a thread to stifle free flowing debate,launch a personal attack,call people "conspiracy nuts" etc etc.The main objectives of this behaviour is to discourage people from voiceing their opinions and to spread mis-information.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Its a public forum, expect to have conspiracy theories debunked. The majority of people think they're stupid hence the reaction to them.

If you want a place where you can discuss any theory, even the most ridiculous with impunity then you probably need to make this forum private or setup your own members only club.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Sangre wrote:
    Its a public forum, expect to have conspiracy theories debunked. The majority of people think they're stupid hence the reaction to them.

Ah the majority eh? The majority are alway right in their educated and informed opinions after all. [/sarcasm]

However, your statement is also flippant and untrue. Opinion polls are shifting greatly over 911 (http://www.scrippsnews.com/911poll) and most people in America believe there was a conspiracy in the assassination of JFK (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,102511,00.html and http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BDW/is_15_42/ai_73409412). As more people become informed, opinions change.
    Sangre wrote:
    If you want a place where you can discuss any theory, even the most ridiculous with impunity then you probably need to make this forum private or setup your own members only club.

I never agree with impunity, but respect and balance is necessary in relation to the forum subject. Skeptics have their own forum for example. The point is, it's not acceptable to spam other forums and kill threads. I've seen people banned from Islam or similar forums for less threadbashing than goes on here. Conspiracy nuts eh?

This thread was a double post, the other thread has already been bashed and killed (and dragged off topic) by Bonkey and Diogenes. QED.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Kernel wrote:
    This thread was a double post, the other thread has already been bashed and killed (and dragged off topic) by Bonkey and Diogenes.

How have I dragged it off topic?

By defending myself from your attack on me?

By asking you to back up your assertions and show where I'm guilty of what I've been accused of?

That you choose to start another thread to level the same accusations rather than actually rise to the challenge of backing them up like I requested is, in and of itself, sufficient answer for me.
    QED.
    A blind assertion does not a proof make. It didn't in the original thread, nor does it do so in the carbon-copy you've posted.

Your use of this term does, however, make a comment on what you consider to constitute proof.
    but respect and balance is necessary
    This is why you aren't responding to my request to back up your assertions about me, but are rather just reiterating them?

Do you really see that as balance? As respect?
    Danuogma wrote:
    Im new to this forum
    I'll take your word on that.
    but having read the content of the threads in here I see a pattern in some peoples attitudes.
    Some? Would that be the some who constantly attack people for not believing, the some who constantly ask people to back up their assertions with credible evidence and logical reasoning, or some other group?
    They will often highjack a thread to stifle free flowing debate,launch a personal attack,call people "conspiracy nuts"
    If you've read the forum as you suggest, you'll have seen the link to the "debunkers bible" posted by one of the people who agrees with your basic premise. I would suggest its worth a read, only to note that the attacks you're both agreeing with and engaging in here are quite a good fit to these dirty tactics that debunkers allegedly use.

How is it that its acceptable for you, Kernel and others to engage in such tactics, but somehow wrong for those who may disagree with you to do likewise?

I await the condemnation of your use of these tactics by the poster who posted said link, and who has complained bitterly about how disgusting the use of such tactics are.

To not do so would suggest that the standard is not being applied equally...which wouldn't exactly lend credence to the claims being lain at my and others' feet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

thread locked , please dont open another thread on this topic or a swift banning will ensue

this isn't related to conspiracy theories so please take it to PM or thunderdome

thanks

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement