Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable House - Snagger / Surveyor or both?

Options
  • 03-03-2007 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hello all,

I'm waiting on final loan approval for an affordable apartment in Finglas and I'm not sure what to do re:survey & snagging. Can anyone help with the following:

*Do I need a surveyors report or can I be confident that Fingal County Council have carried one out and the building is sound?

*Will a surveyor do a snaglist as part of his report?

*Does anyone who has bought with Fingal through the scheme have any advice, will electric and plumbing be on so they can be checked?

*How long did you have to wait before snag was carried out, and how long after resnag?

Any info much appreciated, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

You will have to get a snag list done yourself, prices vary so ring around. The electricity etc will all be on and can be checked. I had major snagging issues with the snagging foreman but that's because he was a major dick rather than anything. Fortunately I know somebody else involved in the development who's going to get my issues resolved.

Advertisement