Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shortcuts down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭the1andonly1

working fine in Firefox, but not in opera which is weird. Anyway, thanks for all the hard work, site is as fast as I've ever seen it. let the hours wasted at work increase just like boards user numbers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

gone again everywhere
    firefox 2.0.0.2

• Registered Users Posts: 65,424 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

They're back! Opera 9.1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

They are playing hide and seek.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

still not on FF 2.0.0.2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

or my ie 7

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

kaimera wrote:
    Gone all over.

opera 9.1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Keep going for me but I just press ctrl+F5 and they come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Yes. Thanks. Mine had been working (on FF2.0) but vanished a moment ago. ctrl F5 does work.

Is it related to which server is used?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭the1andonly1

Is anyone having a problem with the shortcuts moving to the left or is it just me? Happens after being on a page for about 10 or 15 seconds, and when i hover the mouse over them they go back to where they should be. Using opera 9.1 here, havnt seen the problem with firefox though.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

watty wrote:
    Yes. Thanks. Mine had been working (on FF2.0) but vanished a moment ago. ctrl F5 does work.

Is it related to which server is used?

thats what was said above, some of the servers have them and some don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

ctrl+f5 works fine for me. A few forums from the drop down menu seem to be missing, but maybe they have just been moved?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Not working for the past few hours on IE 6 no matter how much I refresh. This is ghey... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

not had them all day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Mine have been appearing sporadically all day but they're gone at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Is anyone having a problem with the shortcuts moving to the left or is it just me? Happens after being on a page for about 10 or 15 seconds, and when i hover the mouse over them they go back to where they should be. Using opera 9.1 here, havnt seen the problem with firefox though.

Noticed that a long time ago but not a huge deal. Occurs randomly tho.

Ctrl+f5 not working on Opera 9.1, it just cycles thru different connections to boards then hangs on img 43/44 on this thread and I still have no dropdowns.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Back on FF. Had been gone all day for me in all apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Not back in Opera 9.1. Are there in Firefox 2.0.0.2 when not logged in and do a disappearing act when logged in :( - Crtl+F5 brings them back in FF but not Opera my browser of choice.
    I'm really lost without them ... going through the Jump menu on the bottom on the page is not the same at all at all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Still gone for me on FF 2.0.0.2, ctrl + f5 not working for either

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Gone for me on FF2 as well and were gone on FF1.5 too (I purposely went out and upgraded in the hope of restoring them!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Mine are also gone - working on the computers in college (not in Ireland if that is any use) but none on my ff unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Missing for me on FF 2.0.0.2 as well. They were working intermittently yesterday, but gone completely today.

EDIT: Nevermind.. CTRL+F5 seems to have restored them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

mine are gone today too. Im on OS X, safari browser

just checked it on windows, its not working either

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Never mind, my theory was disproved...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

They came back for a while, gone again. Very frustrating...

And it only compounds with the fact that the space bar on this stupid work computer is broken. Thats right, I control+v every single space... :D :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,683 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

It seems some servers have the fix, some don't, and it's a lottery whether someone gets the good or bad server :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

i dont think you should let that fact be widely known

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Wigertoods

Was working fine this morning but seems to be gone again for me
    :(:(

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

like he said.
    don't think anyone knows, even within this thread no-one seems to have realised and it has been said a few times that it just depends on the server you get.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

The only big disadvantage is that some people might try to deliberately abuse the load-balancing by trying pie.boards.ie or something like that. Luckily that will now go through the same load-balancing as any other *.boards.ie domain name :)

The big potential advantage in telling people that is that they will know that it is not "going down" or "going up" and nothing to do with your browser version. We all have Schrödinger's drop-down menu for the time being.

Advertisement