Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holyfield-legend

• 03-03-2007 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Evander Holyfield believes that it is his destiny to become the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world as he prepares for the third fight in his comeback against Vinny Maddalone.

Holyfield takes on New Yorker Maddalone on March 17 in Corpus Christi, Texas, with 'The Real Deal' still determined to retire after unifying the heavyweight title belts.

Although the division is at a low ebb, many question the 44-year-old's chances of rising back to the top of the heavyweights, but Holyfield himself is not short on belief.

After two wins last year as he started on the comeback trail, Holyfield believes he is destined to be the undisputed heavyweight champion before he retires for good.

“I'm happy to have the opportunity to get back into the ring and fulfil my destiny,” said Holyfield.

“My destiny is to become the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.

“The most important thing to me is to let people know is that we all have a choice and my choice is to live life to the fullest.

“I love the game of boxing.”

Maddalone will offer a different prospect for Holyfield after his comfortable knockout of Jeremy Bates and his satisfactory points win over Fres Oquendo in November.

The 33-year-old will stand toe-to-toe with Holyfield for as long as he lasts, although that is not expected to be too long.

Advertisement