Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese for leaving cert?

Options
  • 03-03-2007 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

Im thinking about taking Japanese for my leaving cert.
    My brother did it in college, and he'll be moving over there in a few years, it would be handy to have some for when i go visit =]

They don't do it in my current school, but i would be willing to move school to do it. If thats not possible, i would take evening classes.

I know the institute do it, but i wouldnt really have the money to go there for 2 years.

Any other schools do it?
    Any places to evening classes?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Drakmord

Japanese for leaving cert is easy. I do it on my own as my school doesn't have a
    Japanese teacher. I recommend you buy a Kenkyusha dictionary ( oxford do a good one) and the text books Tsumiki 1 and 2. If you can already speak basic Japanese you can move on to 2 straight away but you will need to be able to read kana. If you need help with pronounciation you can get the cd with the books. The examanations.ie site has the past japanese papers if your curious.

がんばって!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I'm doing Japanese for the LC and studied it in 4th and 5th year in St Louis's and St Michael's respectively. Contact the Marino Institute of Education, and they'll tell you the nearest school to you that has a Japanese class. It's usually on saturday mornings, and free (apart from books etc).

And yes, it's very easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭irishmonkey

ah brilliant.

Thanks a mill.
    Il get those books tomorrow =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 chaotic dream

anyone know where i can find Japanese lessons in Dublin (southside prefered)
    i wanna do it for my Leaving but im havin trouble finding somewhere to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

They started japanese in our school this year for TYs and are thinking of introducing it to LC next year :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭irishmonkey

Someone poste on the Transition year forum that St. Micheals in Ballsbridge do saturday classes for 5th and 6th years.
    I dont know the details though.

Advertisement