Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sevilla vs Barca SSX 3/3

• 03-03-2007 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Top 2 in La liga play tonight in whats hopefully a cracking game, Ronnie Etoo and Messi :eek: should play for barca assuming no tantrums and after last weeks game they are on form.

Sevilla have Fabiano out so Kanoute to start with either Kherstahov or Chevanton. Maresca best player ever :p is injured. They have lost only once at home and generally outscore everyone but since the break they been hit and miss.

1 Barcelona 49
    2 Sevilla 47

Score draw 2-2 please :)

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Valencia - Celta Vigo on before it, so they've a great chance to put some pressure on the top 2 before it kicks off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Barca seem to finally be finding a bit of form again. The 2-1 win against Zaragoza on Wednesday was a good result. Hopefully they'll win tonight and then carry that momentum to the Liverpool game on Tuesday and Real Madrid game next weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Hope Sevilla win and keep it interesting , they play some fantastic football.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Of the 3 in the hunt, I would love to see Sevilla winning it, if none of the 3 win it I'd love to see Valencia sneaking it.

I think Sevilla will take Barcelona apart tonight. I would argue that ripping apart a hapless Athletic team is no preparation for the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuán. Sevilla to win by 2, and I can see goals here as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Should be a cracker

• Advertisement

Valencia 1 Celta 0

Against the run off play Celta are well on top, Mike65 guess who scored go on guess :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

anyone have a link to the game online? rojadirect is bringing me to a south american match.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭bazzman

is deco inj or susp, coz it isnt playin or even on the bench??
    Strange line-up by barca, no real cf playing, eto`o gud and sav r all on the bench...

good link is www.live-footy.org and use one of the links der.

1-1 What a ****ing game!.

Ronnie against run of play with a stonkin header, then Ocio CB gets sent off and its a peno to Ronnie keeper saves, all the while Sevilla are all over barca now with 10 men equalise tru kerzhaov CF with a screamer. Alves showing why he is the best right back in the world. This a cracking game. renato DMF limps off replaced by Marti CMF and poulsen DMF now playing as a CB.

Barca going with a 343 very odd set up and odd choice of players. Etoo on bench ronnie up front on his own. Please god gerry Armstrong STFU the guy has no ****ing clue about anything.

kdjac

game on 1-1,

danny alves wat a game he`s havin.

• Advertisement

bazzman wrote:
    game on 1-1,

danny alves wat a game he`s havin.

He is amazing but his crossing is ****ing awful , if its not on the ground its usually woeful.

kdjac

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Only caught the last ten minutes of the half and I didnt notcie Seville were down to ten men until the commentator said it at the end of the half. Seville are playing some good stuff and that was a very good goal.

Im watching a stream of the game and the commentator is an American. He is doing my head in. "I cant wait until the second stanza" :)

http://www.eurosport.com/football/la-liga/2006-2007/livefullpage_mtc150137.shtml

Excellent thingie if your watching on the net.

kdjac

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Cheers KdjaCL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

KdjaCL wrote:

That is good.

Great goal from Alves :)

2-1 ALVES!!!!! free kick

Jesus thats their 1st shot in this half Barca have been doing the 10 men thing and Sevilla were penned back , a break away and a deflected free kick and 2-1 :)

2-2 ?;)

Giuly sent off ? wtf happened there?

OMG he got sent off for that?

thats insane, maybe it looked like a kick from the refs point but there was nothing in it :confused:

10 v 10 game back on :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

Good man Zambrotta :rolleyes:

Zambrotta booked for the 1st bad tackle in the game then says something to the ref and gets a 2nd yellow off he goes, Etoo then gets a yellow.

Nothing bad in the game only glorious football then some frustration sets in and cards come flying.

kdjac

any news on deco, is he just rested or susp??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

bazzman wrote:
    is deco inj or susp, coz it isnt playin or even on the bench??
    Strange line-up by barca, no real cf playing, eto`o gud and sav r all on the bench...

good link is www.live-footy.org and use one of the links der.

Cheers, finally got there for the last 10 minutes.

• Advertisement

What a ****ing game, thats how football should be played why the EPL is years behind la liga in terms of sheer ability.

I have no idea what Giuly was sent off for, but Sevilla should have had 4 goals in the last 5 minutes. Dunno also what Zmabrotta said to be sent off bu.

great game and sevilla ensuring my sky subbie has been more than worth it this season.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Absolute cracker of a game. I was delighted for Sevilla, they totally deserved it. On there day there easily the best team in Europe. Can't wait to see them in the CL next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

I concur kdjacl (when did the L appear?). Matches between the top teams in the Premiership have become wars of attrition over the last few years. Not for the first time, the follow on La Liga match was far better.

It'd be a great success story if Seville won the league, I've been following them keenly since they tore Middlesbrough apart in the Uefa Cup Final last year. They've really moulded a wonderful team there with the likes of Jesus Navas, Alves, Kanoute, Poulsen, Renato and Navarro. This has all been done with some incredibly astute buys as well, their maximum transfer fee has been under £6 million for Chevanton, Poulsen was a bosman, Maresca (MOM in the Uefa Cup Final, nipping it from Alves by scoring 2 goals in the last ten minutes) was £1.7m, Kanoute the goal machine cost £4.4m and Alves was just something completely outrageous, some six-figure sum if memory serves.

To cap it all this team - which is now topping La Liga - has been built while hemorrhaging their best players for massive fees for the last 3 years; Reyes to Arsenal in January 2004 for £12m or so (though I'm sure that guestimate included various activation clauses which never reached fruition) and Sergio Ramos and Julio Baptista (Sevilla being where Baptista made his reputation) to Real for £19m and £13m respectively in 2005. It would have been Alves to Liverpool last year as well but for a few shillings more, but aren't we glad it wasn't to be.

Reyes Baptista and to a point Saviola have all been replaced with better, i dislike Kershakov simply because he keeps Chevanton out of the team :p , could be a class player but Chev is. Tonight they showed strenght in depth Maresca Renato* Navarro and Escude were all out of the team but they kept playing their way and eventually the scoreline flattered Barca.

Barca played well but i think the ref ruined a good game that should have been decided on the pitch cant argue with the 1st red but the other 2 were just odd.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So another Barca 2-1 defeat should set them up nicely for a miserable night in a wet and windy Anfield.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I'm sorry but Rijkaard is a complete buffoon of a manager. Against Liverpool he took players who bring stability to the team (Xavi and Edmilson) and then completely lopsides the formation with some crazy 4-0-5. The team goes behind against Sevilla, he panics and he does the same thing again. I don't know if it's boardroom pressures or what but it's clear Rijkaard no longer wishes to be at the club. He should be replaced because Barca won't win a thing this season if this continues.

Barcelona are fast becoming a national joke, again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Alves is some player, wonderful right back...but what a cheat.
    I've seen him in a handful of games this season and he's feigned injury in every single one. He's also always waving the imaginary yellow card for every foul committed agianst his team.
    Bad form:( I can't take to players players like this no matter how talented they are. His attitude reminds of that chap Derlei who played for Porto...now what a cheat that guy was - taken off 4 times on a stretcher in the Uefa cup final against Celtic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

what a game last night, i had a la liga-fest last night in the boozer with the 2 games, and it was better than any game of premiership footy i've seen this season...

Advertisement