Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Championship run-in tightest in years

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Leeds fans ran on to the pitch and made a beeline towards Dennis Wise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Birmingham
    45---26--86
    Sunderland
    45---24--85

Derby
    44---16--81
    West Brom
    45--19--73
    Wolverhampton-45 --_0--73
    Southampton---45 --21--72

Stoke
    45 --21--72
    Preston
    45--10---71
    Colchester
    45--16---69
    Sheff Wed
    45--_3---68

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Banned for a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,514 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Kensutz, so how d'ya feel now? Ya got what you wanted

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

T
    Nice to see Leeds imploding, fans fighting each other trying to get the game abandoned. Same old same old L**ds scum.

What are you on about? Nobody tried to get the game abondoned. I would appreciate if you didnt tar all Leeds fans as scum although those ****ing idiots that invaded the pitch have made it a very shamefull end for Leeds.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,338 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The Wednesday dream is over, tbh i think January ballsed that up.
    Nice to see Leeds imploding, fans fighting each other trying to get the game abandoned. Same old same old L**ds scum.

If you could hear the Leeds fans singing now you'd realise how ridiculous your snide remark is. The fans have been outstanding this season, when in all honesty there's been little to cheer about, and the actions of a few idiots at the end of the season shouldn't detract from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Mushy wrote:
    Kensutz, so how d'ya feel now? Ya got what you wanted

Absolutely delighted thanks very much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

zaph wrote:
    If you could hear the Leeds fans singing now you'd realise how ridiculous your snide remark is. The fans have been outstanding this season, when in all honesty there's been little to cheer about, and the actions of a few idiots at the end of the season shouldn't detract from that.

sorry , meant to say 'element'. Its not snide really, its just guilty pleasure. They(scum element) tried to get the game abandoned rather than accept demotion.

Its a sad day....in west yorkshire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I too am glad to see Leeds go down. Horrible fans as shown by their actions today. Now they can chant their songs about the Munich air crash in League One.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Horrible fans as shown by their actions today

I'm sorry, you dont seem to have enough tar for that awfully large brush...

cos its not like man utd fans have been never stirred ****

bunch of angels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,424 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Q_Ball wrote:
    cos its not like man utd fans have been never stirred ****

bunch of angels
    What crap!

We're the devils we are!:D ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I too am glad to see Leeds go down. Horrible fans as shown by their actions today. Now they can chant their songs about the Munich air crash in League One.

What gives you the right to say that when Man U fans have brought banners to Leeds slagging the fans that were killed in Istanbul. STFU :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

FFS lads can we not just agree that all clubs have an element of asshole supporters and give up tarnishing all supporters of any single club. I'm all for banter between opposing fans but some of the gloating targeted at leeds fans in this thread is a bit too much IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Leeeds going down is just nuts, its like Notts Forest.
    Can't say I'm too heartbroken by it, but it's a real warning to all the other owners out there, don't over invest!

The Muppet wrote:
    FFS lads can we not just agree that all clubs have an element of asshole supporters and give up tarnishing all supporters of any single club. I'm all for banter between opposing fans but some of the gloating targeted at leeds fans in this thread is a bit too much IMO.

I agree. All teams have bad supporters, in fact I wouldnt even count idiots that sing Munich songs as supporters or those idiots that invaded the pitch yesterday. There is a 14 page long thread on the Leeds forum trying to find out who the fans who invaded the pitch were so they can be given life bans from Elland Road.

Things like what Mr Nice Guy is saying doesnt make dealing with relegation to League One any easier.

The majority of fans of any club are real supporters, sadly there will always be a group who want to cause trouble as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Plenty of videos on youtube with the pitch invasion on it. Hopefully the FA will throw the book at Leeds and kick them while they're down. (literally!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

1-0 to Palace. Old Clinton does the business after half an hour. Almost half time now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

wonder will keano be giving his old pal clinton a hug and 2 kisses if things stay the same?! its half time now 1-0 to palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Just saw Clinton Morrissons goal there, how come every time the guy scores with his feet he ends up on his arse? It happens every time I see him score. Is he incapable of staying on his feet when shooting.

Anyhoo, good news for Sunderland .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

still 1-0 to palace, this game should be well over, palace have had 3 or 4 decent chances, derby look rattled......kennedy just scores, 2-0 and well deserved. wonder if keano really is walking triggs today or is sneaking the odd glance at the tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Birmingham and Sunderland promoted! Congrats all around. Billy Davies hasn't been the most fortunate with the play-offs in recent seasons, but I'll be rooting for him this time. The team who finish 3rd should go up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Agreed. Especially when they're almost 10pts ahead of 4th, it's unfair really. Adds some more drama to the end of the season, but still unfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Its not unfair really, everyone knows the rules when the season starts. They only hav themselves to blame for having a poor run of results recently.

Teams that finish 3rd always struggle in the play-offs too, and having bottler billy as you manager is a diaster. It would be great too see Wolves go up.

Actually I was surprised to learn the statistic that the majority of teams who have finished 3rd have gone up in the play-offs, just not in recent seasons. Watford did it last season, but were the first to do it in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I think it should be time to attend my first Wolves game. They are secure in the playoffs right ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

RasTa wrote:
    I think it should be time to attend my first Wolves game. They are secure in the playoffs right ?

Almost secure. Win their last game and they are in the playoffs. Clubs like us Stokie's , Preston NE and possibly Colchester can still sneak in if someone slips up on the final day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,514 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dont think Colchester can make it, they are 3, if not 4 points, off the playoffs from that defeat against Stoke. I'd say Southampton might make it back to the Premiership if they get in to the playoffs. If not, Wolves would be my second choice

Good to see the closet Wolves fans coming out! :D

I would'nt hold my breath on a win against Leicester. Preston play Brum who may be in party mood, Soton have Southend who are religated and Stoke play QPR who Wolves comfortably beat.

Anything could happen and proberly will.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Congratulations to Sundireland and Birmingham on their promotions.

Roy Keane, Niall Quinn and the Irish contingent have done a remarkable job and deserve a lot of credit. They werent planning to get promoted this year and didnt invest that heavily to do so, so what with the huge increase in TV money in the premiership next year, the consortium is quids in big-time. That will still allow plenty of lee-way for investments and purchases as well, and who knows, maybe even more Irish flavouring, although I think the lads shouldnt go too far down the 'national' card route. Will Sundererland's away kit be green next year ???

Birmingham and Steve Bruce dererve credit too, as does the female Chairman of Birmingam, I forget her name and am too lazy to wikipedia. Birmingham as a large city can easily support two large clubs so maybe they will be able to stay up a few years and gain a foothold ala Bolton, Blackburn, Boro, etc.

Redspider

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

fair play to all at sunderland,

video footage of roy and niall reacting to the news today after derby failed to win.

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/index.php?module=see&lang=uk&code=9db4c58617e17392a5dd4575475ad6a1

Kingp35 wrote:
    What gives you the right to say that when Man U fans have brought banners to Leeds slagging the fans that were killed in Istanbul. STFU :mad:

So because a tiny number of clowns brought banners (never heard of this by the way but I'll take your word for it), that justifies the decades of abuse directed towards the Munich air crash by Leeds fans? Nonsense.

They're as bad as Millwall fans in my opinion. I hope they have fun playing Doncaster Rovers next season.

redspider wrote:

Birmingham and Steve Bruce dererve credit too, as does the female Chairman of Birmingam, I forget her name and am too lazy to wikipedia.

Redspider

Fer pitys sake - its the lovely and thankfully recovered Karen Brady

Mike.

So because a tiny number of clowns brought banners (never heard of this by the way but I'll take your word for it), that justifies the decades of abuse directed towards the Munich air crash by Leeds fans? Nonsense.

You really have no idea what your on about. Im embarrassed for you.
    my.php?image=1077140962manupx9.jpg

Kingp35 wrote:
    You really have no idea what your on about. Im embarrassed for you.
    my.php?image=1077140962manupx9.jpg

I'm embarrassed for you if you think that banner and the sickening chants uttered by Leeds fans are one and the same. I suggest you cop on.

I'm embarrassed for you if you think that banner and the sickening chants uttered by Leeds fans are one and the same. I suggest you cop on.

Banner slagging the death of human beings, song slagging the death of human beings. Both are equally as sick. Get yourself over to the pubs in Manchester and listen to the things sung about other clubs by Man United fans. Take your head out of your arse and realise that Man U have fans equally as bad as Leeds. I have said this a number of times over the last few days but ALL clubs have an element of bad supporters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Mrniceguy. You are flirting with a banning with your generalised comments about millwall and leeds fans.

Your next action will be to read the charter (again) and come back here and retract your comments.

Alternatively, if your next post isn't carrying out my request, I'll edit your comments and direct your toward reapplying for soccer access, where you will be required to read the charter again anyway.

Kingp35 wrote:
    Banner slagging the death of human beings, song slagging the death of human beings. Both are equally as sick. Get yourself over to the pubs in Manchester and listen to the things sung about other clubs by Man United fans. Take your head out of your arse and realise that Man U have fans equally as bad as Leeds. I have said this a number of times over the last few days but ALL clubs have an element of bad supporters.

I agree with you all clubs have a nasty element. My point is that two wrongs don't make a right. A few clowns bringing a banner shouldn't reflect upon all of Utd's fans.
    psi wrote:
    Mrniceguy. You are flirting with a banning with your generalised comments about millwall and leeds fans.

Your next action will be to read the charter (again) and come back here and retract your comments.

Fair enough I accept I could have made my previous comments clearer. I take them back.

I agree with you all clubs have a nasty element. My point is that two wrongs don't make a right. A few clowns bringing a banner shouldn't reflect upon all of Utd's fans.

And it doesnt reflect on all Man U fans, only on the idiots that had the banner. The same goes for Leeds fans too though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Hope Derby win the playoffs, but how often does 3rd place win the playoffs?

PHB wrote:
    Actually more than you might think, just not in recent seasons (Watford being the exception).

I tried to dig up some stats but couldn't find any, I just remember seeing it on SSN a few days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

PHB wrote:

Lately its gone like this:
    06 - Watford(3rd)
    05 - west ham(6th)
    04 - Palace(6th)
    03 - Wolves(5th)
    02 - birmingham(5th)
    01 - Bolton(3rd)
    00 - Ipswich(3rd)

I thought finishing 3rd was bad, but it seems 4th is the one to avoid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Personally I fancy Southampton to win the playoffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

psi wrote:
    Personally I fancy Southampton to win the playoffs.

Really hope so, when we've hit decent patches of form we've shown that we can mix it with the best in the league, but unfortunately we've had some really bad off-days and they've cost us a few places.

That said, we're not even in the playoffs yet... Southend have done us once this season already as well.

If it stays the same, would it be:

Derby vs. Southampton
    West Brom vs. Wolves

......?

Derby vs Southampton would be a cracker I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

If it stays the same, would it be:

Derby vs. Southampton
    West Brom vs. Wolves

......?

Derby vs Southampton would be a cracker I think.

Yeah thats the way it would be, practically every time we've played Derby in the past two seasons the game has been exciting, so it'd be a good fixture from a neutral pov anyway.

That said, I'd fancy us to take Wolves again... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

> Fer pitys sake - its the lovely and thankfully recovered Karen Brady

Yes, that's the one, Mike. I didnt realise she had an anuerism (sp?), so I hope she's okay now. That was back in early 2006. No doubt Birmingham's return to the top flight will cue more/renewed interest in her and Birmingham's operations and success ... another fly-on-the-wall documentary perhaps.

Redspider

If Wolves have to play the Baggies in a first leg play off or the final I'll proberly have to buy some drugs.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

Hopefully the playoff winners will be wearing red and white stripes :) That been Southampton if we don't make it.
    If we do

Sheep Romancers v Stoke City
    West Brom v Southampton

with the Dingies missing out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

The game between Preston and Birmingham should be a cracker. Preston need to win and hope somebody slips up so they get a play-off place. Birmingham need to win to be assured of the championship.

• Advertisement
Advertisement