Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grrrr - Meteor

• 03-03-2007 7:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

Left Ireland in October and sent Meteor a letter to cancel my bill phone coz they wouldnt accept my word over the phone; fair enough. Bill arrived in November- line still active, so I sent a fax. Two weeks later I called my old number....still active so I sent another letter and forgot about it. Went home last weekend to find 4 bills with no call details: They STILL havent turned it off. WTF do I have to do!!!!!!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You cannot cancel a bill over the phone. It's nothing to do with your word. It's the terms and conditions. They verify your signature on the letter with your contract so only you can cancel it.

I would recommend going into a Meteor store, or if you're still abroad faxing a letter to someone you know and getting them to go in, and get that person to go in. Get them to explain the situation and they will email the letter to the retention department.

This is assuming however that you were out of contract when you sent the letter initially. If you were within your 12 month contract, you cannot cancel without penalties. Regarding cancelling in October and still being active in November, it does take 30 days to cancel a contract (again, Terms and Conditions that you signed) so it you did it late Oct it wouldn't be cancelled until late Nov, again providing you were outside your 12 month contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Yep, long since out of the minimum contract. I knew about the not cancelling over the phone thing, but two letter and a fax and still nothing? To hell with 'em at this stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Even if you are out of contract, you still need to give 30 days notice. Short of what I've said already, I can't really offer more. Just ring them and tell them to cancel it as you've already sent 3 letters. If you want, sent one via registered post.

Address is

Meteor Mobile Communications Ltd.
    4030 Kingswood Avenue
    Citywest Business Park
    Naas Road
    Dublin 24

Advertisement