Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch HKC Alarm - Code Reset

• 03-03-2007 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi Everyone!

I had an eircom phonewatch alarm installed a few years ago. We cancelled the subscription service last year when we let the house out. We have recently moved back in and I would like to reset the alarm code. I have downloaded the HKC user manuals, but can't seem to get into the Management menus. Can anyone help??

It is a SecureWatch HKC panel that was fitted as part of the eircom pre-wired alarm system.

Many thanks!

TMA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

When you say you cant get into the management settings is that because you dont know the engineer's code or will it just not go into the menu even though you have typed it in. With my Hkc you press 0 to clear the screen which then promts you for a user or engineers pin. IF its a case you dont know the engineers pin I will check with he brother as to whats the default code. But the chances are that the person who installed it will have changed it. IF this is so I think your only option(not 100%) is to pop the cover off the panel and there should be a jumper to clear it so it will be back to square1. IF your going to do this make sure you have the installer manual so you can reconfigure it.

Cubix

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Ta me anseo

Thanks cubix,

No I don't have the engineers code. I was attempting to get into the menu with my user code. No wonder I've been having problems. I would really appreciate if you could find the default code. :)

Regarding the hard reset, I have the manual that can be downloaded from the HKC website. I don't know if that'll have all I need. I don't think it's an actual installation manual though.

Rgds,

TMA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

TMA the default engineer code is 0 to clear the screen and then 4567. I think I have an installation manual around some where. Will have a look through it and see if it goes through defaulting your board. IF it does I will mail it over to you and you can send it back to me when your finished. IF you dont feel up to the job of resetting your board send me a pm as my brother is a registered alarm insaller and qualified electrician and I am sure he will give you a reasonable quote for doing the job. Anyways best of luck

Cubix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 davemul

TMA There is a way of defaulting the panel. Its fairly easy to do providing the person who installed it didnt lock the panel (preventing default).... questions you need to answer to yourself first....is the alarm linked to a monitoring station? If it is, you need your account number and the dialing number. DO you know whick zone is which so you can programme them back into the panel?

And the manual on the HKC website is a user manual not an engineers manual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shabbs77

i hav with moved and want set my eircom alarm so can i do this have it all ready and power to it if i connect battery where i get enginers code

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

shabbs77 wrote: »
    i hav with moved and want set my eircom alarm so can i do this have it all ready and power to it if i connect battery where i get enginers code

What type system have you got installed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shabbs77

its a 60-911 simon 3 series ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

shabbs77 wrote: »
    its a 60-911 simon 3 series ireland

More than happy to help, sent you a P.M

Advertisement