Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Compressor

Options
  • 03-03-2007 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭

My old air compressor has given up the ghost and I suspect it will not be economical to repair ..... it was purchased second hand and is plated as 1985/year of manufacture - so it owes no one anything .....

I'm looking for something in the 2.5hp / 1.5KW size range for DIY use ..... I noticed the ALDI offer last week and at a 100.00 euro's and it's spec it would have suited me down to the ground (but that was b/4 mine went to $$$:( )

Any suggestions on manufacturer/model/experience that would suit ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

What is actually wrong with your old compressor? Head gasket? motor?
    Compressors are actually quite easily fixed and the older ones seem to last longer than the newer Chinese ones.
    Try and repair it if possible it probably isn't that hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

CJ .... thanks for the reply ....... it always starts up ok ..... runs up to pressure ok (120 psi) and restarts at 80 psi when the air is being used ...... the problem is it often blows the 13a fuse at the restart i.e with 80psi in the tank ..... :(

the blow off valve on the top of the cylinder seems fine with it releasing air for a short time untill the compressor speeds up ......

the machine is rated at 1.5kw so it should be ok on a 13a fuse

Advertisement