Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any good priced restaurants in cork?

Options
  • 03-03-2007 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

Hi all,just wondering if anyone has a idea of someplace outside the city or within with easy parking,where 10 people could get a good meal without breaking the bank during the day,probably 2pmish?

REgards,

Kieran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Ummm Luigi Malones? Or Barrys in douglas do a nice lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

The title of the thread mentioned 'good priced'...Luigi Malone's is not good priced...very expensive for fairly ordinary food IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Joeface

long time since i lived in cork
    But is castilies still there , just off Oliver Plunkett street( Back of Clancy's if i remember correctly), that was a nice Italian
    and good prices ....ooops thats in the city not sure if its easy parking but the Grand Parade Car park is there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Agreed. I'm not sure what you're paying for, but Luigi Mallone's is definately overpriced for serving food which is no better (or worse) than a lot of other good restaurants in the city. If I was you I'd try:

Cafe Bar Deli (French Church Street/Academy Street)
    Scoozi's (Winthrop Avenue, behind Brown Thomas)
    Amicus (Rory Gallagher Place, might be pretty busy)

All adjacent to numerous carparks and better still, two minutes from all the bus stops on pana!
    Bon appetite

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

castellis is indeed still around. much love for the place.

out in douglas bully's is grand, eco'sis nice too but im not sure if they do a lunch special.

the brook inn beyond glanmire is good for pub grub if you're out that way.

blue ginger in wilton has a very good lunch menu, nice price too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

zanzibar yum,and cheap too,a massive feed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Currans (think that whats its called?!) down the street where le cheile is on the corner..nice place too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Fast_Mover wrote:
    Currans (think that whats its called?!) down the street where le cheile is on the corner..nice place too!

oh yes, Currans...now that's a nice place. Friendly staff and tasty grub, reasonably priced from what I can remember.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Banna Thai on Maylor Street is good, reasonably priced and lovely food.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

SoHo is pretty cheap for lunch,burgers and roasts for under a tenner, id go there alot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Nikon Thai Douglas Great Food Service proper pucker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

the flying entiprise........... sure its only a stone throw from the catheral

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

kmb wrote:
    outside the city

Barry's or Ecos in Douglas.
    The Plaza, Treacy's or Leonardos in Ballincollig.
    The Viaduct - beyond Dunnes Stores on the Bandon Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

wagamams i think is very well priced or else gambinis the early bird menu is quite extensive for i think26e or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

I love Newport on Paul Street! It's the same building as Mangans nightclub.Their food is lovely but not too cheap.
    Scoozis is really good too.And Scotts on Oliver Plunkett St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 chazza_2007ie

the new place in pauls st where the ginger bread house was, it aint to expensive n nice was there last week. very crowed tho we went at about 7 n there was kids around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

^^^Everytime I walk past that place it's crowded too! It's stopping me from going in there.Looks really nice though.

Advertisement