Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you find out the registered owner of a property?

Options
  • 03-03-2007 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a way to find out who is the registered owner of a property?

I need to try and get in contact with the owner of an adjacent property that is rented out, but it looks like its not registered with the PRTB. I know the town the owner lives in so if I had their surname I could try and locate them through the telephone directory if they are not ex-directory.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Here is one definite way you can check but you have to register and pay to do your searches with the land registery

http://www.landdirect.ie/index.asp?locID=162&docID=-1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

What if it is not registered land? Only 85% of titles are of registered land. Even if it is, the last transfer(s) may not yet be registered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Brooklyn74

If you can't find it in the Land Registry you can look in the Registry of Deeds to see if anyone has taken out a mortgage on the property.

Failing that, contact a Law Searcher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Is there a way to find out who is the registered owner of a property?

I need to try and get in contact with the owner of an adjacent property that is rented out, but it looks like its not registered with the PRTB. I know the town the owner lives in so if I had their surname I could try and locate them through the telephone directory if they are not ex-directory.
    Go in next door and ask the tenants who they pay their rent to? Or ask them to pass on a message? Or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

ciaranfo wrote:
    Go in next door and ask the tenants who they pay their rent to? Or ask them to pass on a message? Or am I missing something?
    The message will be to tell their tenants to keep it down or else.....so I don't think I'll get any joy there

• Advertisement
Advertisement