Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got a green cone??

Options
  • 03-03-2007 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Has anyone already installed one of these? can you let me know the work involved? also can it handle average kitchen waste?? .. I have read the blurb on the web page but want some first hand reports

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

i have one installed since last September. There's no work in installing them, just dig a hole 500mm deep, and 700mm or so wide, drop the cone in, and refill around it will good soil.

We use it and a compost bin to get rid of all food waste, except bread (goes on the bird table) I've put a lot into it since september, so it's filling up alot, but thats supposed to be the case when the weather is cold as it's needs the heat to work best. I'm hoping that the level will start to drop when the weather improves a little.
    We put all cooked food waste into it... potatoes, meat bones, chicken carcases etc, and have no problem with smells or other little problems you might expect :rolleyes: Hope this remains the same throughout the summer.

All in all, I'm happy with it.

BTW I bought it in my local council offices for €45 or €65 (can't remember which) as they subsidise them.

Advertisement