Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

is there a new astra comming

Options
  • 03-03-2007 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

I have paid a deposit in January for a new astra sorthatch 1.8.The dealer said it would take between 6 -8 weeks for delivery which was fine but I rang him the other day and he said it would be the end of March now as the "sporthatch is getting a facelift to the front which includes a lot of crome so opel won't release the old type car". Can anyone tell me if this is true or is he stringing me a long. Any info would be grateful as I am sick of waiting.Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

I think hes not lying to you. The 5 door was facelifted at the end of last year in UK, so presumably the Sporthatch was facelifted at the same time. I don't remember hearing that the facelifted one had arrived here though, though it could have, and the new version looks practically identical to the pre facelifted version(well the 5 door does anyway). Speaking of the Astra, will Opel bring in a saloon one here; there are plently of 4 door versions of the old Astra around, and after all Toyota brought in the Corolla specially for Ireland,and Ford brought in the 1.4 Focus saloon specially for us too?Of course either way you should tell a sob story and try and wriggle something out of him for the delay like a free service etc:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Linky
    That might shed some light.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

the facelift one looks worse than the current one, god only knows how bad the saloon would look

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Spotted a 5 door version of the facelifted car on the road in Kildare yesterday. It was sitting parked in traffic so got a fairly good look at it. The pics on the link above are fairly accurate.
    Main difference is more chrome - i personally dont like it. They've also made the background of the light clusters silver instead of black. I reckon the black highlighted the sliver clusters better.
    Opel did the same on the Vectra recently and it looks ok thou.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭kevin101

Thanks for the info lads .Just sick of waiting at this stage.Surely he knew this when I paid deposit.Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

Is there a van version of the Astra available? I seem to see a Vauxhall version but wondered if there was an Opel version as well. There is a saloon available of the present Astra but built in Poland. To see a picture of it, just put New Astra Saloon in the search link on this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

G Luxel wrote:
    Is there a van version of the Astra available?

Yeah, theres a van version of the 3 door - the sport hatch. Has the usual blacked out windows/covers where the rear windows would be. I've no details but i see the same one driving about Kildare with vodaphone or something plastered all over the side of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

No word if they'll release a saloon?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Saw a sporthatch van on a stand outside the Opel dealer on the longmile Rd. 20k plus VAT or something

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

BostonB wrote:
    No word if they'll release a saloon?

I don't think Opel are bringing a saloon version of the current Astra to Ireland despite the saloon making up for about two thirds of the old model sold here. The Sport hatch is selling quite well for them at the moment compensating for the lack of a saloon.

More than likely the next Astra due towards the end of 2008 will probably have a saloon varient.

• Advertisement
Advertisement