Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mainteance costs comparison tables

Options
  • 03-03-2007 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if tables comparing maintenance/service costs exist for different cars, ie. average maintenance cost each year for a given car from new with typical mileage?

Am interested in changing to something 2nd hand, but more upmarket(50k-60k new) than my usual level(30knew). The purchase cost is straightforward to budget for purchase price, depreciation and financing. But Id like to know roughly what to expect to pay to maintain say, a 3 year old car for the following 3 or 4 years. Could I take it that its roughly proportional to the original new list price, or do maintenance costs on higher price cars increase out of proportion to the list price?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

It all depends on who does the maintenance really, doesn't it.

It could be 60-500 for a normal service depending on the manufacturer and whether you do it yourself compared to letting a main stealer do it. Personally I would find a good independent with experience in your motor and stick with them. Should be a reasonable price relative to the stealer

Advertisement