Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Maps url arguments

Options
  • 03-03-2007 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I know this is a fairly long shot but I thought I'd post it up here anyway just in case someone knows anything about this.

I want to open a google map web page from within a Java applet. I need to give the google map url particular arguments for the longitude, latitude and zoom level. This all works fine. But I also want to give it arguments to create a marker to point to the location. Does anyone know how to do this through a url line?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

for the longitude and latitude you need to input a value obtained from a Geocoder.
    Google "free geocoder".
    ** just read what you asked for **

For creating the marker I used a tutorial on creating google maps to put the marker down. I'll have a look for the code when I get home later.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

Thanks for the reply Sean.

I have since seen that markers can be created using javascript. I don't really want to go this route for two reasons:
    - I want to call a page using just the url if possible.
    - I don't know very much/anything about java script!

But if you've managed it using java script or through using the url I'd be happy to see either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭daymobrew

bman wrote:
    Does anyone know how to do this through a url line?
    Go to Google Maps, browse to a site and click Link to this page.
    The longitude and latitude and zoom level are in the URL. Simply substitute your info into the URL you create.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

Exactly as daymobrew said use the link to page...

You can use a url like this...

http://maps.google.com/?z=5&ll=50,105

Change the z value for zoom where an increased value is a higher magnification.

50 in this example is the lattitude and 105 is the longitude... should get you to mongolia...

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

Thanks guys. Can't believe I didn't think of that before! It was only the marker that was the problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement