Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Oc's are you all getting on the Qx6700?

Options
  • 03-03-2007 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

Just managed to get my qx6700 up and running on the evga680i with a tuniq, managed to get 3.34ghz by upping the vcore a fair bit

what type of oc's you guys getting with the chip?

what is a safe vcore to run these at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

3.5 on air is possible, especially with the tuniq. Pretty sure chosen has his at 3.8 on water.

What multi / fsb are you using?

I have a q6600 sitting on the desk beside me (got it cheap, would have preferred the qx6700, but a quad's a quad.). No motherboard for it yet. It's killing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Khannie wrote:
    3.5 on air is possible, especially with the tuniq. Pretty sure chosen has his at 3.8 on water.

What multi / fsb are you using?

I have a q6600 sitting on the desk beside me (got it cheap, would have preferred the qx6700, but a quad's a quad.). No motherboard for it yet. It's killing me!

multi = 12 and fsb = 227.5/1110 thats on about 1.46vcore

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

3300.00 Mhz rock solid at 1.35v (34C idle)

1100 FSB x12 1000mhz memory 2.3v

The board is unstable over 1200fsb and Evga are replacing them next week i am waiting to rma it.

im happy enough with mine is @ 45degrees idle and about 65 under load

managed to get 17000k+ in 3dmark 06 so im happy enough with that

having an issue with 3dmark 06 though, doesnt seem to detect the overclock in the gpu and graphics card mem, still reports as stock speeds :(

I do not trust the temp. reading in nvidia monitor it always reads higher in the BIOS . Are you going to send back your board i am still having problems with the keyboard and two of the fan headers are not working.

• Advertisement

tba im not gonna bbother, 1 fan header not working and some mouse issues, but its too much hassle to send it back and get a new one

agreed we have to post back to Germany.I am gointg to try a std keyboard my wireless board is giving me problems it might be a usb issue.
    is there some way to turn on the power in the fan headers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

you can just get molex converters.

TonyM. wrote:
    agreed we have to post back to Germany.I am gointg to try a std keyboard my wireless board is giving me problems it might be a usb issue.
    is there some way to turn on the power in the fan headers?

yeh im using a usb mouse and i have some issues.
    there is no way to fix the fan headers, i tried everything

awhir wrote:
    you can just get molex converters.

It means you cannot control the fans from the bios or windows.

my keyboard is acting like a US instalation with some of the keys in the wrong place .

Did you try Super Pi. I got 16s at 3200Mhz and 15s at 3300Mhz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

3800MHz for benches etc and 3466MHz for everyday use (watercooled)

16461722ow4.jpg

i can boot @ 3.5ghz and managed to get a super pi 1meg done, it was 13 seconds roughly.

can only use the machine @ 3.34ghz . the 8800gtx's
    in sli is great though, really pleased with that. need to start ocing them.

anyone had the problem with 3dmark 06 not recognising gpu overclocks and running at standard gpu speed? or does it just show as standard speed but run the tests at the overclocked speed?

You can test it: run it once with oc'ed gfx and once w/o oc. Then compare the two scores :p
    In my system, 3dMark06 reports my 8800GTS as "104MHz core & 200MHz ram" but the scores are realistic, so I guess this is a 3dMark bug (feature?)

I am still not convinced which is better: my QX6700 at 3.46GHz or my E6700 at 3.85GHz for everyday use (for benches, they achieved 3.8GHz and 4GHz respectively).
    The QX ofcourse delivers when it comes to applications that take advantage of all ~14GHz; the C2D on the other hand, is better on anything else and consumes much less power, and generally results in a more silent system etc.
    So, I spontaneously decided to keep the QX and sell my golden 628A.

I've put the E6700 in the ads but I've seen no interest till now and I am back at square 1, not knowing which one it should be better to keep... :confused:

What's worse though, is that I might not find a buyer for neither of the two procs, and end up wasting a 4GHz cpu for my home cinema system :(

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Atleast you will be able to convert stuff to Xvid really fast! :D

Chosen wrote:
    3800MHz for benches etc and 3466MHz for everyday use (watercooled)

is your screenshot @ 1:1 or 1:2 (which is what mine as at atm)?

i can up the memory to 1066mhz but it does not improve performance so i keek it at 1000mhz at 2.30v if i raised the vcore my temperatures will go way up i am happy to keep it at 3300mhz and stock voltage for now.

I only have one card but i read the SLI issues were fixed in bios 24.

I was thinking of turning off two of the cores and trying to overclock did anybody try it ? if so which two cores 1/2 or 1/3

gline wrote:
    is your screenshot @ 1:1 or 1:2 (which is what mine as at atm)?
    It's 1/1, I couldn't care less about the memory frequency. I have a pair of Gskill 2GBPK PC6400 4-4-4 and didn't even bother to find its limits. I'm happy that it's working and that it likes my Quad and my mobo :)

hehe, managed to get this uploaded :)

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

Benched wprime32 at 3.3Ghz. Got 13s 440ms :) Considering it was crappy ram, its not too bad.

Its a lapped QX6700 with a Evo 88 air cooler :rolleyes: Have a 2 x 2.120 rad WC loop begging for an Apogee to be put on it. Anyone know where I can get an Apogee GT/GTX? Ebay seems empty and ocers.uk is "out of stock"

http://www.hwbot.org/user.do;jsessionid=80C6B8B0C4D9995E27E5D07F2B43420B?userId=6784

• Advertisement
Advertisement