Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UK Mobile Operators

• 03-03-2007 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Not sure if I should be posting this in Abroad. Anyway...

Recently bought an Orange sim and have found that the reception can be a bit hit and miss.

Who is the best or most reliable operator over here? I'm starting to think I should have gone for O2 like I did in Ireland.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

To be honest, it varies. Funnilly enough I had very few problems with Orange, but some with O2. 3 was ok. Now I'm on Virgin, which uses the T-Mobile network and it's not been too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

Hmmm, there's so many choices. I'll stick with Orange for the meanwhile and see if they improve.

The fact that I'm using an unlcoked Irish phone might be a factor too....I can't seem to access things like Orange World on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

You could try posting on www.boards.org.uk - you might get a more of a response there

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

cAr0l wrote:
    You could try posting on www.boards.org.uk - you might get a more of a response there

I'll have a go, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I never had any problems with Orange, but I lived in the city. I've heard not so great things about Vodafone....I'd say Tmobile is probably best right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

My sister was with Vodafone UK but didn't find their coverage & price plans great, so she moved over to Orange UK several years ago and hasn't looked back. Their coverage seems to be very good in general in the UK (I've a PAYT Orange SIM) but not the best in parts of Northern Ireland if you're near the border. Having said that, I get Orange several miles into Donegal from Pettigo town.

Advertisement