Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Results of Bigelow autopsy

• 04-03-2007 12:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

source: Wrestling Observer
    The autopsy results have come in on Bam Bam Bigelow, who passed away on January 19, 2007. His death was due to multiple drugs being found in his system including cocaine and benzodiazetine (an anti-anxiety drug). The drugs in his system were said to be at lethal levels. Bigelow was also suffering from heart disease as well

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Sad news. It was already known that he hadn't been doin great. Hopefully someone somewhere learns something from this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I'm not sure if it was written here but apparently Vince McMahon paid for 1 of the 2 memorials/funerals that Bam Bam had (I think he had one in New York and 1 in Florida which a bunch of his friends had to collect for). This was in the observer about 2 weeks ago.

Yeah, I remember reading about that a while back. I heard it was something to do with a lot of wrestlers who weren't able to make it to the original funeral. Classy move, it's rarely reported by WWE when Vince does things like this, which confuses me to a degree

The fact that Vince did it quietly says something about him. If you tell the whole world that you paid for it, it takes a way some of the good from the gesture I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Remember hearing that alright. He was supposed to have been talking to Afa on the phone about the HOF and Afa was one of the people helping to collect for the funeral and Vince then offered to pay for one of the funerals. Really shows another side of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

I've heard a few other tales of VKM's quiet benevolence over the years to a great many of his ex staffers (Some of whom he has kept on the payroll for nothing other than loyalty to him and his father) so I will well believe that he did this for Bigeloe. What makes this that bit more decent was that Bam Bam was not what you would call a WWE stalwart over the years.

Hamndegger wrote:
    I've heard a few other tales of VKM's quiet benevolence over the years to a great many of his ex staffers (Some of whom he has kept on the payroll

Vince Russo?

One of the stories that sticks out in my mind is from last year, it was only reported in some local papers (and on wrestling sites obviously). Vince's mother liked to play tennis, but there was nowhere to play it. I think there had been, but it was shut down. So Vince spent a few million on building somewhere where his mother and her community could play tennis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

When it comes to business Vince McMahon can be a bastard but away from it he seems to be a good human being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Fozzy wrote:
    Vince Russo?

One of the stories that sticks out in my mind is from last year, it was only reported in some local papers (and on wrestling sites obviously). Vince's mother liked to play tennis, but there was nowhere to play it. I think there had been, but it was shut down. So Vince spent a few million on building somewhere where his mother and her community could play tennis

Well, off the top of my bat... Arnold Skaaland is still on the payroll some 24 years after working a show, Sgt Slaugher has a job for life for his run with Hulk in the 90's, he still finds work for the likes of Moolah etc, Vince honoured Ken Pateras contract when he was banged up in the 80's and that is just a few I have heard off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

When it comes to business Vince McMahon can be a bastard but away from it he seems to be a good human being.

so it seems.....
    Also I recall verne gagne thanking vince at last years hall of fame ceremony for helping him out financially when he was totally bankrupt.That was the first time we had heard of that story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Was just read the following on rajah, not sure what to make of this....
    -- A seller on eBay put up a copy of Bam Bam Bigelow's death certificate up for auction on eBay. It sold for $5.99. The item's description reads: "Now you can have a piece of wrestling history by getting your very own copy of Bam Bam Bigelow's death certificate. Gorgeous 8 1/2 x 14 inch color document, suitable for framing and display." You can check out the auction at this link, which just ended. This eBay seller has a bunch of death certificate copies of other famous celebrities up for auction, not to mention marriage licenses as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

The fact that Vince did it quietly says something about him. If you tell the whole world that you paid for it, it takes a way some of the good from the gesture I think.

Indeed.Its hard to picture so many folks calling Vince a bastard and then to hear about vince doing such things.
    Its not the first time that he has done it either.From building community halls to helping former employees that are in financial difficulty, Vince has really done ot and most importantly,under everyones noses.While people call him a money greedy **** etc he has never come out and mentioned any of the things that he has done to help others in his defence

fatal wrote: »
    Indeed.Its hard to picture so many folks calling Vince a bastard and then to hear about vince doing such things.
    Its not the first time that he has done it either.From building community halls to helping former employees that are in financial difficulty, Vince has really done ot and most importantly,under everyones noses.While people call him a money greedy **** etc he has never come out and mentioned any of the things that he has done to help others in his defence

I'm not sure if I feel now the way I did when I posted that. You can look at it in so many ways. On the one hand it was a nice gesture and to do it privately shows a touch of class.

On the other hand, maybe it was the least he could do. Maybe if Vince had started giving guys 4 weeks off, twice a year instead of running them into the ground there wouldn't be so many Bam Bam's.

It reminds me of the opening of the film "Road to Perdition". Sure it was nice of Paul Newman to lay on the wake but beneath it, there was something more sinister and the whole funeral was a way to cover it all up. I'm done waffling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Hamndegger wrote: »
    Well, off the top of my bat... Arnold Skaaland is still on the payroll some 24 years after working a show, Sgt Slaugher has a job for life for his run with Hulk in the 90's, he still finds work for the likes of Moolah etc, Vince honoured Ken Pateras contract when he was banged up in the 80's and that is just a few I have heard off.

Paul Heyman, even when he was the head of a rival promotion. McMahon bailed him out financially on several occasions during the late 90s. The two reasons being that a lot of their talent went to WWE during that time and the other one was Vince's way of pretty much admitting that had ECW not been around to form a template for the Attitude era, christ knows where WWE would have been, especially around 96-97 when they were close to bankrupcy.

Didn't he also pay for rehabs for Davey Boy and Sean Waltman? Y'know regardless of if these guys were on the books. Vince doesn't hand his workers recreational drugs like cocaine and say "go knock yerself out" either. Vince plays the bastard character on screen down to a tee. And can be ruthless as a businessman. But if you were nearly put out of your family business at one point, wouldn't you do anything to make sure you didn't make that mistake again? I know i would!

VR!

Hamndegger wrote: »
    he still finds work for the likes of Moolah etc,

Its amazing how far a dollar will stretch after you run a Viva La Savings (for those with good memories) themed sales pitch for your internet shop.

Just adding a little balance to this.

Its amazing how far a dollar will stretch after you run a Viva La Savings (for those with good memories) themed sales pitch for your internet shop.

Just adding a little balance to this.

I'd completely forgotten about that. That was low

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I believe he also did a run in for a match on a show that was raising money for John Cenas brother after an accident, believe the show was in a small high school gym...can't remember exactly. Also I believe he made large donations after 9/11 and let WWE New York be used as a safe house..could be wrong on that though?

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I believe he also did a run in for a match on a show that was raising money for John Cenas brother after an accident, believe the show was in a small high school gym...can't remember exactly. Also I believe he made large donations after 9/11 and let WWE New York be used as a safe house..could be wrong on that though?

Vince gave God some work at a Backlash pay per view too one time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

In fairness, i believe that was to promote McMahonism. :D
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Vince gave God some work at a Backlash pay per view too one time.

In Vince We Trust!

• Advertisement
Advertisement