Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need to buy webspace mysql/php

Options
  • 04-03-2007 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

dunno where to post this but its very urgent,

where should i get a .com domain name with webspace that setup mysql fast?
    do they just have administrator controls to make databases or they take time to setup?

cheapish

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Most hosts out there will have MySQL databases as part of their package, which you will administer yourself. They supply the software, you create the databases.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

oh ok, thanks, was looking at dreamhost
    96 a year, just need it for college final year project as show off for few months, not looking to spend too much

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You'll find that a lot of the Irish hosting companies have hosting plans starting at lower price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

to be honest ... my personal opinion is go with an irish crowd .. and the two that spring to mind are blacknight and hosting365 ... ( I'm not meaning to turn this into a war if someone wants to pm me others that are decent feel free ) ...

I've actually got experience with the 3 as I'm using them all

Dreamhost are great .. cheap ... shell access .. great service and pretty fast to respond to queries (BUT and its a pretty big BUT they are in a different time zone to us) I host a good few of my less critical sites / test sites with them ...

Edit ... I've also found they've got a bit of downtime .. (power outages / data centre problems and so on ... I'd still recommend them as they give you a LOT ... )

you can set up a simple enough site with domain and hosting and mysql / php for less than 50 a year ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

I can host for free if you want.

You pay the domain name and I will set up an account for you.
    Myself I use www.idotz.net to buy my domain names. They are good altough their website does not really inspire trust.

I am already hosting for free a couple of websites to some boards members and other friends and I am offering a full cPanel package.

A demo of the cPanel interface can be seen here:
    http://67.18.39.34/cpanel
    Account : demo
    Password : demo

I have a professional reseller account with www.hostgator.com and this is extremely reliable.
    I do not ask anything in return unless you do make cash with my host.
    PM me if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Placebo wrote:
    oh ok, thanks, was looking at dreamhost
    96 a year, just need it for college final year project as show off for few months, not looking to spend too much

When I did my final year project I used two machines and set one up as a webserver. Worked a treat for me. From a presentation point of view it was acceptable.

Advertisement