Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silent CPU Fan??

Options
  • 04-03-2007 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a new CPU fan. Can anyone give me advice on whats the best silent CPU fan out there and where i can get them. Tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

try the zalamans on komplett.there are pritty silent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

Sharkoon Silent Eagles apparently got great reviews (I'm waiting on an order for three at the moment). Coollink ain't bad either. Both brands can be found on a few UK and German websites.

There's a good review of fans from a recent print version of custompc (scanned) doing the rounds - Have a sniff around and you'll find it (sorry, I don't remember where I saw it).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

I'm looking for one for a dell (:( i know :p) 9150. Anyone know what would suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

You can get passive coolers like this bad boy. No noise at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

From what I can make out in the service manual the 9150 uses the BTX form factor and has a custom Dell cooler on it.

This may pose problems as the cooler is in very close proximity to the front of the system which means you would need to remove the cooler and the fan assembly & any replacement cooler may or may not fit.

Also you need to check what kind of mounting points are used is it the Intel standard if not a custom one from Dell and if that is the case does it have the holes in the motherboard for coolers that don't use the stock mounting kit.

Best thing to do first I think is buy a can of compressed air and clean out the fan next to the CPU cooler and the fan in the PSU, now see if the system is any quieter it may save you the hassle of putting in a new cooler.

Alternatively you could replace the fan Dell use with the cooler for a quieter model you just need to know what size it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

Khannie wrote:
    You can get passive coolers like this bad boy. No noise at all!

How do these compare to a Zalman cooler? Are they actually worth it? or an accident waiting to happen??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

OCUK stocks thermalright Ultra 120s and Tuniq towers, the two best coolers available. What socket/case are we talkin here??

Advertisement