Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am going mad...

Options
  • 04-03-2007 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

I am seriously sick of the weather here in the "sunny" South East. I saw the sun yesterday for about 4 hours and the world was a great place to be.. only for the wind last night to demolish the fence and the rain to make it through a crack in my wall and into my living room.

Im pretty sure I've got S.A.D due to the dullness of this country.

Please oh weather boffins... please tell me theres some sort of sunlight on the way sometime soon??

Surely we'll have a few sunny days and a decent summer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Last night was windy I'm told. Are you in an exposed spot?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

According to the weather forecast on RTE it's to be like this pretty much for the week. Bit of a pain especially after it being such a nice day yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

mike65 wrote:
    Last night was windy I'm told. Are you in an exposed spot?

Mike.

Yep.. Its called Fekn IRELAND! lol :D

God if ya didnt laugh at the weather here ya'd flip out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

haha. God help you then if you lived in the West or Northwest during the Winter and Early Spring;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Exactly ...except for a week around christmas and about two weeks in late Feb. it has been extremely wet and windy up here every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Trotter wrote:
    I am seriously sick of the weather here in the "sunny" South East. I saw the sun yesterday for about 4 hours and the world was a great place to be.. only for the wind last night to demolish the fence and the rain to make it through a crack in my wall and into my living room.

Im pretty sure I've got S.A.D due to the dullness of this country.

Please oh weather boffins... please tell me theres some sort of sunlight on the way sometime soon??

Surely we'll have a few sunny days and a decent summer?

Good thing about global warming is that while the winters will be stormy, the summers will be better.
    Living in the sunny SE you will get the best summer weather no question, however it might be another month or two before we get it.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Longfield wrote:
    Good thing about global warming is that while the winters will be stormy, the summers will be better.
    Living in the sunny SE you will get the best summer weather no question, however it might be another month or two before we get it.

Thats what I need to hear. Im off out to spray some CFC's and rev up the nearest old 4 wheel drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Heh, from a weather point of view, we are probably better off.

However in terms of business it is not a good thing, don't rev that SUV up just yet.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Yeah - sick of the winter now. The ground is all soggy here after all the rain and there doesn't seem to be any break in the weather in sight.

I need a week of dry weather in March/April to sow the spuds. Then ideal weather would be 1 day of rain in seven, interspersed with lovely sunny weather.

BTW - I didn't really like the July weather last year when it was really hot, dry and no rain. I prefer it around 20c and bright.

A

I was listening to a report on the turf at Cheltenham, they report its never been so boggy!

Mike.

• Advertisement

Trotter are you still with us?! ;)

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Trotter are you still with us?! ;)

Mike.

Just about. Im wearing boardie shorts tomorrow as a protest to whoever chooses the weather.

The weather is septic.. no other word for it.

Advertisement