Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 months and counting trying to get broadband with Eircom

Options
  • 04-03-2007 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Thought this would interest you,

It started on sun the 5th of October when I was told by our local Eircom technician who was fixing our line that if we got rid of the isdn and merged the two lines back into one that we would be able to get broadband. After checking our availability for broadband regularly since my exchange was broadband enabled then finding out that our line wasn’t suitable, this came to a great surprise to me.

I called Eircom that Sunday to try and organise broadband, “you do realise sir that you will lose you’re second line” “that’s fine”. Then they set a date that and engineer would call out, 3 weeks later for the 20th of October.

“20th came and went, so I called them a week later, “terribly sorry sir, I don’t know what could have happened” and of course “you do realise sir that you will lose you’re second line” “yes I know” any way, a date was set for the 20th of November.

That also came and went, so I called again, Eircom was again very apologetic and assured me that I would get broadband before Christmas.

Around the 3rd week of December, the regional broadband promoter for Eircom, or what ever she likes to be called, called round to my House “Are you interested in getting broadband” …….. Told her what happened, again very apologetic and she told me that it was unlikely that I would get broadband before the New Year. So, she got me to sign a form and said that someone will come down on the 10th Jan to set up broadband.

Needless to say that came and went, she called down on the 15th and said that there was a problem with the forms and got me to sign another one and told me an engineer would call to set up an appointment. Ok… He call a few days later to inform me that “you do realise sir that you will lose you’re second line” and that there will be some one down in two weeks to install it.

15th Feb. I call that woman and ask her what going on. She was very surprised that I had not gotten it yet and she would look into what happened. She called back later that day and said that there were no slots available the day of the appointment, so no one came down. But of course no one bothered to tell me this or rearrange the appointment. She came over later that day to make me sign another form. “Someone will be in touch”
    Few days later Eircom called and asked again “you do realise sir that you will lose you’re second line” and then reassured me that a technician will call to make an appointment.

26th Feb. He rings and arranges an appointment for the 13th of March between 9am and 2pm. Fine says I. Two days later a quality assurance guy from Eircom asks if every thing was alright and if we were interested in getting broadband, let’s just say I got a bit wound up by this. He was very surprised by the goings on and was again very apologetic about it all and said the he would arrange that a wireless modem would be sent out to us because without it the technician wouldn’t be able to install the broadband.

It what has happened to date, It’s been nearly 5 months since I first rung them to order broadband.
    I just thought that it’s a pretty good example to show what a mess Eircom is in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

And in Germany they will install DSL / Broadband ON an ISDN line keeping what megre advantages it has. Here you have to be downgraded from 1980s technology to 1930s and then get a 1990s technology DSL.

If indeed they do anything.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

You should send a copy of this sorry saga to Eircom Chief Executive Rex Comb and see if that will get you any response.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

Try waiting 8 months for a phone line...I feel the pain

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Man, all I can say is "Snap." Im sitting here, 5 months later too. This is after taking aaaages for them to install a phone line, after telling me that the broadband would be ON AND WORKING last thursday, and two weeks before that, after upwards of 13 hours on the phone, I still dont have broadband. I have roared, shouted, questioned, politely waited, silently listened to every member of broadband sales, teamleaders and supervisors. I have been lied to, I mean outright lied to a large number of times by inept and uncaring CSRs. Told my line wasnt suitable for broadband when it was. I was told countless times that a change of name on the bill would go through, they cant even do this right. I have requested that no less than 4 times. They said it was done 4 times. It was NEVER done.
    I have been told that the modem would be here in 5 days, 3 weeks ago, and finally now, after all this, the constant phone calls, some of which I have recorded, constant lies, constant uncaring customer services, and last friday they told me there was no space on the exchange and I couldnt get broadband. They took over 200 euro off us to set up the phone line and line rental. So essentially eircom have robbed me. I, and my landlord also, are taking this further to comreg as we genuinely have never come across a worse company to deal with. I hate eircom. I really really really really wish that I could use the expletives required to form my opinion of them in this open forum. ****s

Advertisement