Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Relevent Post

Options
  • 04-03-2007 3:53pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I like Top Gear. But Ive no interest in cars in general.

Discuss :D

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I find that with a lot of people, they love Top Gear but have no interest in cars whatsoever.
    I have also noticed that after watching it for a while, they can hold their own in a conversation about cars a bit further than 'It was a red one'.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Thats true actually, good point. Did you see the recent episode when they went to the US with a grand to try travel cross country? Was gas!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,281 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

most normal cars are boring. top gear cars are normally more interesting, or are used in interesting and fun ways. i like motor racing, i like mythbusters, technology stuff etc, so i like hearing about high performance cars and watching some of the wackyer things on top gear

tonights episode, stretch limos should be good
    main.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tonighs programme is also the last in the series.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭Ray777

I am interested in cars, and I prefered Top Gear when it was on Thursday nights for 30 minutes, and was aimed towards people who were interested in cars, and who had normal attention spans, and didn't rely on childish antics to keep them watching.

That Top Gear is watched by so many people who have little interest in cars, is a classic example of a TV show 'selling out', in a bid to grab high ratings.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ray777 wrote:
    That Top Gear is watched by so many people who have little interest in cars, is a classic example of a TV show 'selling out', in a bid to grab high ratings.

maybe so but its damn funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I don't care how many miles per gallon the latest small econobox gets. I prefer to watch the supercars and funny segments on the modern Top Gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Ray777 wrote:
    I am interested in cars, and I prefered Top Gear when it was on Thursday nights for 30 minutes, and was aimed towards people who were interested in cars, and who had normal attention spans, and didn't rely on childish antics to keep them watching.

So watch 5th Gear (if it's still on).

Top Gear is an entertainment show first and a car show second. I think it's brilliant, the 3 presenters have a great balance, they could be talking about anything and still keep the viewer entralled.

Advertisement