Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nasal pore cleansing strips-they do work!

• 04-03-2007 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

These are extruded open comedones (blackheads). The pore cleansing strip was particularly successful in this instance. It managed to remove hundreds of blackheads, not just little ones either. You can see from their shape that the pores were completely cleared out. You would not believe the number of people who have hundreds of these things embeded in their nose and do nothing about it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I should have read that post fully before opening the picture.

Ok, we get it, those things appear to work, but did you really need to post a picture of what appears to be one that you've just used? Seriously Romo, that's pretty gross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Mmmmm tasty. Where do you get those strips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Lol your nose mustve been feckin gross lookin before you used that, had you never tried to squeeze some of them out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Romo

Happy to report that the strip isn't mine.

I have used the metal blackhead extractors, however. I had terrible blackheads in my teens (worse than those). Got them out, but it took years to do so. The pores on my nose are slightly enlarged. The pore widens because it's packed with hardened sebum. If you have the blackheads for several years the pore never returns to its original shape even when the blackhead comes out. So get squeezing early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

That is gross!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I used the strips a number of times but never had anything like that so either I was doing it wrong or that was one minging nose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

That's absolutely horrible.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ugh
    vile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

A friend of mine SWEARS by those things. I tried them twice to see what the fuss was about but nothing special. Either I was doing it wrong, or my nose isn't infested with AIDS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Where do you actually buy those things though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Any decent chemist or large grocery will stock them.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Is there a particular brand of those things that does work that well coz I tried them years ago and found them to pretty useless. Also I would have thought that squeezing them by hand isnt good for your nose coz you have to squeeze like the billyo to get out thoses stubborn ones and you end up with big red lumps on your nose from doing that. So on that note any really effective methods of removing those, natural or otherwise. Open to suggestions...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Jesus that is disgusting. I'd hate to see the persons nose before that.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I'm doing a beauty therapy course part time and I was told that those things are not worth a sh1t and the only way to get rid of them properly was to go for a facial and have them extracted one at a time... Although looking at that mingin' strip it certainly looks to have achieved a good amount of crap removal :o Can you tell us the brand of the strip Romo??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

euww that is the most disgusting thing ive ever seen.yuck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Romo

Mackleton wrote:
    Is there a particular brand of those things that does work that well coz I tried them years ago and found them to pretty useless. Also I would have thought that squeezing them by hand isnt good for your nose coz you have to squeeze like the billyo to get out thoses stubborn ones and you end up with big red lumps on your nose from doing that. So on that note any really effective methods of removing those, natural or otherwise. Open to suggestions...

I used one of those metal blackhead extractors you can get them in any chemist. They cost around 3 euros. Don't force them, you'll only damage your nose. It also helps if you can get some purchase (I don't want to be disgusting but this does work). Either stuff your nasal passage with tissues or place you thumb inside you nostril so that when you use the extractor the blackhead comes out more easily.

You can also take a fresh lemon or lime squeeze it up and place it on your nose, like a facepack. The citris acid can help to dissolve the blackhead.

Or, you might like to try neutrogena's blackhead eliminating scrub. Its got micro beads and an active ingredient called 'salicylic acid' which can penetrate the pore and start to dissolve the blackhead-normal washing can't do this.

Hope this helps.

Sorry xzanti I don't know the make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

So wait, if money isnt an object whats the best way to get rid of your black heads? Has anyone used anything from LUSH, ive heard one of their exfoliaters is really good, coal something or other. Has anyone used that? Was it any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

wouldnt those peel things not peel away layers of your skin leaving it kinda raw?? i've never used them so i actally don't know, but ive never heard of anyone thinking they were up to much...

if money isn't an object then going to get a facial would be a good way to get remove them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

AAAHHH!

That's a rather disturbing picture.

Advertisement