Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOVE TO DUNGARVAN, Co Waterford :)

Options
  • 04-03-2007 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

I moved here last December and have been quiet happy eith my Broadband connection :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Check out the pic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeah we know, it's a pity that's the only thing that would want me to move away from the greater dublin area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

what are you on there 10Mb? I was back in the UK last week, friend has a 24Mb Adsl line, pretty much lives next to the exchange..............now that was FAST!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

It's the 9Mb cable BB - if NTL/Chorus once they are rebranded to UPC don't up their speeds to something like that by the end of the year I'd be surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭lifebook

Ys its the cable down here, Its supposed to be going tyo 10Mb soon as well. They have just finished laying a second fibre around the town......Worth the move

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Caseys have been providing that a long time now...

• Advertisement

oppps meant to say it will be going to 18Mb soon not 10

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Lifebook - Please tell me that your ISP also provides in Old Parish (closer to Ardmore than Dungarvan). I'm moving down in a few months and the thoughts of little or no internet speed is bugging me.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

No joy, Old Parish might have something from http://www.ardtec.com/ (they have a mast on The Pike) but Caseys don't go that far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

lifebook wrote:
    oppps meant to say it will be going to 18Mb soon not 10

where did you hear that?

incidentally i got 1.1 mb/s the other day. highlight of my life
    an increase in the upload would be nice though

Hey Mossy

Ya I was the first one to move into a new estate at xmas in Dungarvan and got 1.3MB downloads on torrent but not since. Its pretty solid at 1MB though

Love it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

MAn I wish theyed expand to waterford city area,namely ardkeen :D

but wonderful ntl have that area

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

how much is that dungarvan 10MB connection?

€40 uncapped

and its only 9MB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Dungarvan. Now there' a local authority with an unhealthy attraction to roundabouts.

Sorry to go off topic. Just wondering if anyone else is getting dizzy every time they drive through Dungarvan. ;-)

I think I remember being told that some local entrepreneur lay down fibre optic cable in Dungarvan years and years ago when everyone thought it would be a mad thing to do?

Dave

Advertisement