Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Aygo

Options
  • 04-03-2007 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

With the Aygo on the market over a year now, Im just wondering if anyone here has bought one?

I've decided its the car I'd like but I just want a second opinion. I've noticed theres a new Aygo Black, which looks lovely, but for over a grand extra, it can stay that way.

Im after an 06, mainly because I dont really see the value in brand new cars.

Has anyone any first hand experience?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

the aygo is a joint project between peougoet and citroen, havent heard any bad press about them nice ''nifty'' little car by all accounts.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Volvoboy wrote:
    the aygo is a joint project between peougoet and citroen, havent heard any bad press about them nice ''nifty'' little car by all accounts.

-VB-

would still go for the Toyota over the C1 and the 106 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

zuutroy wrote:
    would still go for the Toyota over the C1 and the 106 though.
    Same here.

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Yeah I've read up on the manufacture of the cars in Czech Republic.. The only real difference is the body panels and the idea that Toyota hold their resale value.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You also get an extra year on the warranty, so a 06 wil still have the best part of two years left on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Go for the Aura model. Terra simply too basic.

I test drove one of these yesterday. It was a lovely little car.. nice and nippy from a standing start, and a growl from the engine that reminds me of Peter Stringer.. small but ballsy :D

I'm looking at 9500 cash for something with 8k miles on the clock. I REALLY like the black version so I might wait out for a second hand one of those to turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I think they're funky lookin little things but I'm hoping to buy a corolla later in the year...1.0 cars are fine for city only driving, but on the open road they struggle, wel mine does!!!

I've seen a black one with big chunky whells added too. It looks like a toddler trying to be a teenager:D:D:D:D

If you're in the market for a small car, I'd assume it's bigger than the 1st Starlet. If I was buying a small car again I'd deffo considere it, but I'd even skip the Aura nad go Strata image wise

ninty9er wrote:
    I think they're funky lookin little things but I'm hoping to buy a corolla later in the year...1.0 cars are fine for city only driving, but on the open road they struggle, wel mine does!!!

I've seen a black one with big chunky whells added too. It looks like a toddler trying to be a teenager:D:D:D:D

If you're in the market for a small car, I'd assume it's bigger than the 1st Starlet. If I was buying a small car again I'd deffo considere it, but I'd even skip the Aura nad go Strata image wise

Yeah I've noticed recently that I very rarely have the opportunity to go over 80km/hr because all my driving is around the city. My 1.2 16v punto is drinking petrol like its a student with free dutch gold. Also.. to my surprise, my insurance would be 100 quid cheaper on a 07 Aygo than a 98 punto!

I'll watch out for an aygo strata.. they're lovely.. rare enough though, and they are shocking expensive new!

Trotter wrote:
    Yeah I've noticed recently that I very rarely have the opportunity to go over 80km/hr because all my driving is around the city. My 1.2 16v punto is drinking petrol like its a student with free dutch gold. Also.. to my surprise, my insurance would be 100 quid cheaper on a 07 Aygo than a 98 punto!

I'll watch out for an aygo strata.. they're lovely.. rare enough though, and they are shocking expensive new!

They look nice in red too:
    http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=515456

I'd say on your budget you will have to wait until the end of the year or early next year.

Alternatively go for a C1 or 107 now:
    http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=560990

http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=619821

• Advertisement

I've not heard of a Black edition, I know they started to be available in Tempest Black late last year, but there isn't a special edition that I know of in Ireland.

colm_mcm wrote:
    I've not heard of a Black edition, I know they started to be available in Tempest Black late last year, but there isn't a special edition that I know of in Ireland.

Thats the one I mean. Its a bit dearer because its metallic paint as far as I know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX2cxi7yy1Y

they seemfairlysturdy for something that smallandcheap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX2cxi7yy1Y

they seemfairlysturdy for something that smallandcheap

Oh I want one!! :) How much craic would it have been in that 5 a side.. Fantastic.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

bazz26 wrote:

Salesman cannot even spell "brakes". Would not fill me with confidence.

Fire red is the only non-metallic colour, Satin Silver, Anthracite Grey, and Satin Silver all cost E420 extra. Red is probably the nicest looking colour. Cheeky!

colm_mcm wrote:
    Fire red is the only non-metallic colour, Satin Silver, Anthracite Grey, and Satin Silver all cost E420 extra. Red is probably the nicest looking colour. Cheeky!

I'm looking at around 13k for a new black Aygo Aura.. or 10k ish for a red 3 door with 8k on the clock already.

I think I'll just wait a few months and meanwhile ask the garages to ring me if a black one comes available second hand.

black Aygos weren't really available till this year. launched very late last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

€420 for metallic paint? :eek: the car is tiny.

Is it not usually in around €300-€350 for the Yaris/Clio/207 etc segment? why is the smaller car dearer?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

bazz26 wrote:

Salesman cannot even spell "brakes". Would not fill me with confidence.

Maybe it's his way of telling you there is a problem with the ABS? :D

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Volvoboy wrote:

I have the Peugeot 107 one year now and it's fantastic.
    I just use it to get me to work and back.
    Great for parking, very nippy and sips petrol.

Here marks the end of my Aygo seeking journey. I got one today, 06 with 17000km for 10500.

Im a happy man.. its a lovely little car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Trotter wrote:
    Yeah I've noticed recently that I very rarely have the opportunity to go over 80km/hr because all my driving is around the city. ...

Same here and a small car is much easier around the city.

Trotter wrote:
    Here marks the end of my Aygo seeking journey. I got one today, 06 with 17000km for 10500.

Best of luck with it.

congratulations - it took you long enough! which spec/colour did you get?

Tip: a glovebox cover is available from Peugeot dealers as an accessory for the 107, will fit Aygo too!

colm_mcm wrote:
    congratulations - it took you long enough! which spec/colour did you get?

Tip: a glovebox cover is available from Peugeot dealers as an accessory for the 107, will fit Aygo too!

Cheers! Its a red Aura. Good things come to those who wait :) Thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,372 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Trotter wrote:

Sounds like you got yourself a pretty good deal. Good luck with it!

colm_mcm wrote:

Any ideas whether this needs to be screwed in? I'd want to make sure its done right, It'd scald me to ruin the interior after waiting so long for the car!

Its flyin along by the way.. I love it!

Advertisement