Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place to buy a starter welding kit

Options
  • 04-03-2007 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

Ill be starting a night course in welding soon enough and would like to have a starter set so i can do some home work aswell. Does anyone have any good links or experience with it? Its a Mig course.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Ill be starting a night course in welding soon enough and would like to have a starter set so i can do some home work aswell. Does anyone have any good links or experience with it? Its a Mig course.

Try renting or borrowing ,I never did mig ,just Tig,stick and Oxy Acetylene.
    I borrow the oxy acetylene bottles from a friend whenever I need it ,have a small stick welder here.
    Good luck with the course ,welding is great crack:)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,418 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I would imagine a good one is expensive and a cheap one might not be worth it, I think aldi or someone were selling one recently. But quaility was possibly low. Haven't done any welding since school, Had a crack at mig, oxy-acetylene and spot resistance welding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

wait until you start the course, what type of stuff do you want to do with it?

welding car bodywork requires different power levels to welding up pillars of sheds :)

Advertisement