Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Ham

Options
  • 04-03-2007 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Wow. What a game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

2-0 and they fcuked it up!
    3-2 and they fcuked it up!

Bottom of the league, Cardiff/Leicester/Coventry beckoning...:D

F*ck 'em, singing Goon songs at us last day of last season, making that disgusting hissing noise whenever we play 'em. Hope it hurts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Amazing Win :D Well done the lads :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

2-0 and they fcuked it up!
    3-2 and they fcuked it up!

Bottom of the league, Cardiff/Leicester/Coventry beckoning...:D

F*ck 'em, singing Goon songs at us last day of last season, making that disgusting hissing noise whenever we play 'em. Hope it hurts.

My oh my taking glee in a rivals demise.... shocking behaviour there from a moderator!!!

lol touche!

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    My oh my taking glee in a rivals demise.... shocking behaviour there from a moderator!!!
    lol touche!

All that's missing is a few Bingo Club fans to get upset...;)

Touche indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

They were dirty bastids today.. Which makes the win much sweeter :D Was a bit rich the "You're **** and you know you are" chants going in the first half...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Kold wrote:
    They were dirty bastids today.. Which makes the win much sweeter :D Was a bit rich the "You're **** and you know you are" chants going in the first half...

apart from being nice, heres the other reason why i am never a gloating winner.

because i know that around the corner is a banana skin that will **** you over!

but i have to admit, im glad they are going down.
    last season they played beautiful football, were excellent and effective.

this season, they havent even played decent football. not good enough for the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cor

Pity we couldn't have got the result at the end of last season, and got the champs league spot. Was nail biting today. As usual, a good match for the neutrals!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Great result today, and even at 2-0 down, i knew that if we could pull a goal back we were right back in it ..... We deserved the win, we played better, had more chances .... although we did it the hard way .... :D

Couldn't happen to a nicer club ... Enjoy Colchester next year as your local derby ;)

But as WWW says, their is always a banana skin round the corner .... remember this is Spurs .. nothing is ever straightforward

COYS

73489143.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Missed this coz I was on my way to work....the text updates kept me guessing, and I was convinced that it 3-3 was a good result.....after parking the car and heading in to work I was stunned to get the "GOAL ALERT: 90+5"

Any video highlights online anywhere for those of us who missed it ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭cxcully

Youtube usually get them from an Egyptian channel.......
    What a match.Interesting comments re. the Hammers fans Ronan,I liked the club and their (kind of) attacking tradition but if a lot of them made those noises at matches....fack 'em,wave them goodbye.
    I thought Taarabt was electrifying anytime he got the ball.He's going to be big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

hammerstz2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

cxcully wrote:
    I thought Taarabt was electrifying anytime he got the ball.He's going to be big.

didnt see a lot of him, but when i did, at firsst glance, i thought it was lennon!

he was pretty hot!

onthe other hand, lennon with his little flick over for the penalty, and then the passback, unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

After all the Wet Spam gloating last year, yesterday was sweet.

Having said that I thought we were poor in the first half despite Berbs' efforts.
    Second half was great till we equalised and then we sat back which I thought was suicidal.
    Only took the game to them when we were 3-2 down.

Amazing match and we're on a nice run. Let's hope we can do the business at Braga and get some sort of result at Stamford Bridge. Fifth place is attainable but it will be a mighty battle with Bolton, Reading and Everton. Possibly Blackburn, Toon and Pompey could all hit a bit of form and be in with a shout as well.

Despite the indifferent league form this is our second season chasing something come March - two cups and Europe via the Prem.
    That ain’t bad is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

An Epic game, a famous day and a marvelous win for Spurs.
    So happy to be involved in virtually relegating those little eastenders.
    Hope they enjoy Colchester away next season - nasty bitter cnuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Delighted with win - i'm too old to hate football teams but after last season this was sweet, especially the way we won! A right kick in the nuts for the Spammers.
    My BIL also Spurs fan had 3 x €5 bets at ht on Spurs to win 4/2, 4/3 and 3/2. He got paid in PP at 175/1!! Bet he thought he was f... at 86 mins. €875.

Match summary - disappointed with both Ghaly and Jenas, please get shut of Gardiner and Defoe. Taarbat looks another find - Berbatov unlucky not to get 4, glad to see Tainio score, Chimbonda the steal of the season, Huddlestone what a pass for penalty.

Big week ahead - think we can make 6th in league, wind at our back now.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Lot of Spurs supporters in Cork it seems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Kold wrote:
    Lot of Spurs supporters in Cork it seems

and at least 3 in Kerry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

I have 3 other friends here in Cork too who are Spurs mad.If only we won something!!:)

• Advertisement

Don't forget fellas...

http://www.corkspurs.com/

Very good supporters club. There'll be a jolly down to the real capital some time in July/August involving various Yids from the UK and further afield.

Us jackeens might even make an appearance!

Advertisement