Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought a golf bag and it keeps falling over

Options
  • 04-03-2007 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

I bought a golf bag last christmas; one with a stand. The idea of having the stand is to set the golf bag down upright.

The problem I am having with this golf bag is that it keeps falling over.

I would imagine that the bag is not fit for its purpose and therefore I am entitled to a replacement or a refund.

I went back to the shop where I bought it, and I was offered nothing. I was told that the warranty does not cover this.

Do I have any rights regarding this???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Tweets

Hi,

As far as I know if you have not done anything to cause the bag and stand to become faulty you are entitled to a replacment of refund.
    When you purchase an item that does not perform the function that it is supposed to it breaches your consumer rights. I would go back to the shop and ask to speak with the manager. Explain your situation and the fact that you had previously returned to the shop but had not been sucessful in getting a satisfactory outcome. If they are still not willing to help you, you can then contact Consumer Affairs.

Hope that helps
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭Trampas

Show them how its falling over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

I would imagine it's the stand and not the bag that is at fault? Were they sold as 1 unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

The golf bag comes with a stand, it is part of the bag,

I am going to talk with the manager today and if that fails, contact head office

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Please dont tell me its a TaylorMade and you bought it in McGuirks?

I have the exact same problem if it is.
    The damn thing falls over the whole time, the legs dont open wide enough to give it any sort of support from the wind.

Really pissing me off.
    I got it just before christmas for €99 in Lepardstown.

8728.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Let us know how you get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

GreeBo wrote:
    Please dont tell me its a TaylorMade and you bought it in McGuirks?

I have the exact same problem if it is.
    The damn thing falls over the whole time, the legs dont open wide enough to give it any sort of support from the wind.

Really pissing me off.
    I got it just before christmas for €99 in Lepardstown.

8728.jpg

yep, it's a taylormade bag bought in McGuirks

Went back to McGuirks, and one of the staff there was very pleasant. He said he had seen that problem before, adjusted something on the bag and now the legs open very wide. Exactly what I wanted

haven't taken it to the course yet, but if I have the same problem, I will take further action

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Yeah there is a little plastic piece that holds the springy part of the legs together.
    I adjusted that and the legs opened wider, but they dont close automatically now, I have to push them closed which is a pile of crap.

Let me know how you get on.

Advertisement