Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with boards and Cpu`s

Options
  • 04-03-2007 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi guys, this is going to be a little bit long so here goes.

I was doing a clean out and found an Athlon 2600 cpu, so i picked up a Socket A board from Adverts.ie, put them together with no joy, so assuming th Cpu was fecked i again picked up another cpu from adverts.ie, again no joy so i got another socket a board again no joy with them.

So i got more cpu`s and boards total now 5xcpu and 5xboards i cant get any of them to boot, i have tried different memory, psu, graphic cards, tried them in cases, out of cases.
    Here is a list of cpu`s and boards,
    Duron d900aut1b, duron dhd1000amt1b, duron 1300amt1b, duron dhd1200amt1b, Athlon da2600kv3d.
    Winfast k7ncr18d pro, Compaq uwavw2, Gigabyte 7vm333mr2, Bn790t and another i can`t remember just now.

So if any has any ideas i would be greatful, i will be off work tomorrow so i will spend more time trying to sort this dilema out.

Vinnieb

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Well that is a conundrum...

I'm honestly at a loss as to possible reasons why they are not working putting aside the fact you may be cursed ;)

All those combinations not working is very unusual, you've checked the CPU's are not cracked by application of the cooler just in case.

What about monitors (clutching at straws) is there only one you tested with could it be not working ?

Try building the PC outside of wherever your currently building them just to see if what happens (something funky with the electrics in your work space maybe ?).

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

This is just a suggestion, so don't take it the wrong way....are you sure you're hooking up the case power button correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭VINNIEB

8T8: probably cursed, monitor is ok.

Khannie: OK never thought about the power button, currently when i am trying the board out of the case i am just shorting the pins to power up, i`ve done this on other boards succesfully. This situation is annoying me i do not want to dump them and obviously cant sell them on adverts.ie.

vinnie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

VINNIEB wrote:
    i am just shorting the pins to power up

Using a screwdriver? I was going to mention that

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

You may need to set the jumpers on the board for to run a 2600+ its probably 133/166 sorry cannot recall exact figures but the board could be set for a higher frequencu cpu.

Also did you plug in the 12v cable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 deadsoul

Just a quick one for u I came across this before ,Its a earth problem try the boards in a case screws locked down then it will fire hope this fix'es it for u

Advertisement