Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Will We Get a Metallica Date?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

faceman wrote:
    The black album is way too over produced, kinda takes away from it.

I'd rather have an over produced album rather than it sounding like it was recorded in a biscuit tin.

Anyhoo, I hope they come back this year for another gig......? They were brilliant last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Kazooie wrote:
    they should scrap the new album and re record justice with some bass and better drums.

To be honest, Lars was pushing himself to play that stuff then, what makes you think the paint tin merchant can play better now?
    I'd rather have an over produced album rather than it sounding like it was recorded in a biscuit tin.

Ah, St. Anger...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ah, St. Anger...

i prefer the production on this album, altho the snare skin is a little too tight tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

faceman wrote:
    i prefer the production on this album, altho the snare skin is a little too tight tho.

...You're serious, aren't you?

Where's Karl to explain how production is not subjective? :p

faceman wrote:

Lars admitted that they f**ked up the drum sound on that album. At least they got the bass right though.....:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Lars admitted that they f**ked up the drum sound on that album. At least they got the bass right though.....:)

yeah i like the sound of the bass on the album, could be just a phase tho!

..............as I said before, I'm looking forward to seeing what Rob Trujillo brings to the table, by way of songwriting. He's a class bass player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Everybody should buy the DVD of Metallica's videos. Enter Sandman in digetally remastered version is probably the most mind blowing videos ever. GET IT WATCH IT AND REVERE IT

Have it:D . I absolutely love the video for "Mama Said". The first time I watched it, I didn't get it, but when I saw it again, it cracked me up! Brilliant video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

off topic!! I'm tried of hearing these metallica debates, jesus we've all done them to death.

now, back to the tour dates plz...

• Advertisement

off topic!! I'm tried of hearing these metallica debates, jesus we've all done them to death.

now, back to the tour dates plz...

Okay.........here goes: According to www.metallica.com, Metallica will announce another date on the "Sick Of The Studio" tour, quote "Late on Sunday night, March 18th, Pacific Standard Time".

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease be Dublin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭ec18

hopefully it'll be a paddy's week end treat

Okay.........here goes: According to www.metallica.com, Metallica will announce another date on the "Sick Of The Studio" tour, quote "Late on Sunday night, March 18th, Pacific Standard Time".

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease be Dublin!

B******s!!!! They're playing Wembley Stadium on July 8th. Check it out on www.metallica.com.

They are going to announce a couple more dates, so hopefully Dublin(or a Castle nearby;) )will be the venue......?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Do you think they could sellout this "castle" ;) ?

I'd love to see them in Wembley, t'would be amazing!

*Tripper* wrote:

yeah it would be worth a visit!

*Tripper* wrote:
    Do you think they could sellout this "castle" ;) ?

They might sell out this "Castle" with a good list of Support acts?? I'd f**kin LOVE to see 'em there instead of the tin box they call the Point!?

If an Irish gig isn't on the cards this time round - methinks I'll be gettin myself a ticket to Wemb-er-ley!!!??

EDIT: They have said in this latest announcement on their site that there are a couple more shows to be announced so, ya never know.......?

2nd EDIT: There are 2 dates free between the Austria & London dates, so they may stop off in Ireland for a gig.....? We'll see.....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

faceman wrote:
    yeah it would be worth a visit!

Ill see you there

Ill see you there

if they dont play ireland, we could try organise a boards trip to wembley?

faceman wrote:

I'm in!:D

Lookin at the confirmed dates in their diary, unless we get the july 8th date, dublin looks unlikely at this rate. :(

• Advertisement

faceman wrote:
    Lookin at the confirmed dates in their diary, unless we get the july 8th date, dublin looks unlikely at this rate. :(

July 8th is what I'm thinking too......unless they pencil in Dublin before the Lisbon date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Or they could always come over on there way back home from Moscow....

I just rang the Sound Cellar in Dublin, and they haven't got/or aren't giving away any details of an Irish date as of yet......?

Looks like I'm goin to have to book a Wembley ticket.....:D

faceman wrote:

I'm in for that!

Totally, lets go to London then lads

Has anyone ever booked tickets for UK gigs through LiveNation? How does it work? Do they send an e-mail to subscribers to tell them of availability? There was an announcement yesterday that pre-sale tickets would be available from 3pm through their website today.......?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭ec18

doubt they'd play fill slane and doubt it's be annoinced on today fm. Most likely on their website first or on dave fanning or somebody like that

at least megadeth and dio on 10 may!

On the same bill??? :confused: That paints a horrible mental picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

at least megadeth and dio on 10 may!
    In Philadelphia?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Got my ticket for Wembley !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111:D :D:D:D

• Advertisement

me too!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement