Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should I get/Questions About an Xbox 360

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

RB6 is the best game on live as well HOURS of fun and if you get into it youl never want to trade it in where as if i hadnt lost the book for gears of war id have traded it in weeks ago .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Well you're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine, the fact that everyone else here agrees with me proves nothing!;) :D
    Media Centre on 360 is crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Beruthiel wrote:
    It could be because I'm totally blind, but was Oblivion mentioned?
    That game took away 170 + hours of my life, I'm so sad to have finished it :(
    and it's a good enough reason alone to get the xbox 360

I mentioned it!;)

Love the game.
    Almost finished playing through it for a second time, and I'm at the 200hrs mark!:D

As for GOW vs RV:6, I gotta side with Vegas.
    A game doesn't have to be beautiful to be great (not that Vegas doesn't look great, but very few games are as shiny as GOW).

To be honest though, I was the same as 0ubliette at first.
    Heard the hype, bought it, played it once or twice then left it to gather dust.
    As soon as I picked up a month later though I was hooked.
    If you have a friend that likes FPS Oubliette, invite him/her over for a bit of split screen terrorist hunt.
    Unbelievably addictive, and it gives you a real taste for the storyline as well.

The only problem I have with the game, is that I keep find myself saying "Tango" in day to day conversations!:confused::D

CiaranC wrote:

Is it as crap as MC on the PS3 or the Wii?!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Good point

• Advertisement

Great argument there, 'other media centre implementations are even crapper!' Great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

CiaranC wrote:
    Not necessarily. It depends on your setup. I think it's great, but then I just happened to have a Media Center PC so (with the help of transcode) it's just like having a full media center machine connected to my TV. I know not everyone will be able to experience this, but my point is it can be very good.

CiaranC wrote:
    Great argument there, 'other media centre implementations are even crapper!' Great!

No my argument is that it's an option that the other consoles don't give you!
    Complaining about MC on the 360, is like complaining about a problem with the Wiimote, or the Blu-Ray player on the PS3.
    They may not be perfect, but they're there.
    The 360 is a better console because of the MC, and while everyone without a MC PC can't use it to the best of its abilities, not everyone can use a Blu-ray player either now can they, and God knows how many Americans have ended up in hospital after playing the Wii!:D

Personally I find MC to be one of my favorite aspects of the 360.
    Not necessarily. It depends on your setup. I think it's great, but then I just happened to have a Media Center PC so (with the help of transcode) it's just like having a full media center machine connected to my TV. I know not everyone will be able to experience this, but my point is it can be very good.

Agree completely.
    It'll be even better when I get my new Vista desktop in a few weeks as well.:D

Complaining about MC on the 360, is like complaining about a problem with the Wiimote, or the Blu-Ray player on the PS3.
    They may not be perfect, but they're there.
    So we agree that the MC features exist, but are rubbish ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

It'll be even better when I get my new Vista desktop in a few weeks as well.:D
    Nothing to look forward to really. In fact I slightly preferred MCE 2005.

• Advertisement

CiaranC wrote:
    So we agree that the MC features exist, but are rubbish ;)

I'm gonna go back and re-read my post now, and if I said anything remotely resembling that, then I agree to change my oppinion and agree with you.

Now, lets see.

...............................................................................................

No, I said nothing like that, so I guess we still disagree!

;):D

Nothing to look forward to really. In fact I slightly preferred MCE 2005.

TBH I'm more looking forward to the PC upgrade.
    I've had mine a couple of years now, and it seriously needed to be upgraded.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Okay so a little update from my side. I went into Gamestop to see about the bundle, asked how long it will be there for, manager said a good while yet. Sound.
    Met my mate in town and went home to his and played Gears Of War (first time) Dead Rising, and some Pro Evo.
    Gears of war, first impressions, wow, it is visually amazing, and once I played a bit I really enjoyed it. Altho I didnt play long cos I will buy this game and dont want to ruin it (I started at his save game).
    Dead Rising looked fun, only played it for a sec. But my 360 fears (if I could call them that) are pretty much vanished.
    Great!

Advertisement