Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats next for AMD?

• 04-03-2007 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭

Havent heard much about AMD's next line of processors but I'm planning on holding out on building a Core 2 Duo setup until I've heard if AMD have a chip capable of out performing the Core 2 Duo range. It seems though its going to be all about quad core battles over the next year or so.

So whats people thinking on the upcoming K8L and K10 releases from AMD, will they put them back on top performance wise?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

If they are anything like the 4x4 they are going to be a waste of time and money. Intel really have the market sewn up at the moment, crom the cele d's to pentium d's to the c2d's and even the xeons. Nothing amd have for the price can perform the same or better, even when overclocked the intel chips are head and shoulders above anything AMD have to offer currently.

I truely hope AMd can pull something from fab that can give intel a run for its money like they did 18 months ago.

I shall wait with baited breath to see what AMD do release, but im guessing they are going to concerntrate on intergrate cpu/gpu chips for the next while.

But, lets see what happens...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

looks like i will be gettin a intel next june :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

HTX Slots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2939 Read the link for detail on their new processors. There is quite a few changes to the core.

• Advertisement

Advertisement