Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi RS6 Avant ABT on ebay ... cheap

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

More about that crashed audi here:http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11342&page=2
    Driver only had a cut on his finger :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I reckon the drivers seat and both door cards on that side should be ok. :)

skibum wrote:
    More about that crashed audi here:http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11342&page=2
    Driver only had a cut on his finger :eek:

Look at the last pic in that post, I'd say that could be made into a ricshaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

a real fixer upper. weekend hobby type thing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

What speed must he have been doing to casue that kind of damage. He said he wasnt speeding but he must have been!

The driver was one lucky person!

a lot of the damage was done by the crew that cut the car apart. Must've been absolutely flying though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

colm_mcm wrote:
    a lot of the damage was done by the crew that cut the car apart. Must've been absolutely flying though.

must have been doing over a hundred anyway

is that an unmarked cop car in your sig??

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

colm_mcm wrote:

According to the guy in skibums link, there was no cutting.

"The driver/owner is my brother-in-law

What you see is what you get, i.e. there was no cutting of the vehicle prior to the pictures being taken. It is my brother-in-law that you see holding the mobile phone, he honestly doesn't know the speed that he was going at but wasn't near as fast as he has done in the past on that particular part of the road.

Although the road was completely dry he said that it felt he was on ice and the car just careened into the tree. He actually called the emergency services and climbed out of the car by himself, he spent only a couple of hours in hospital, apart from a few minor scratches he got a bandage around his little finger, I told him if he's not already religious he should take it up ASAP!

The car WAS a pristine RS6 ABT, I was supposed to pick it up that very day to borrow it from him for a week as I've always wanted to try out the ABT version. He really should have simply told me that he didn't want me to drive his car I'm so happy he is alive and all in one piece.

I have referred him to this forum."

hmmmm. I'd be a bit sceptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Regarding Colm_McM's sig. There is a line of those parked outside Harcourt Terrace every Fri/Sat night. All as described with 07-D plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,393 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Amazing stuff. Like tree cuts car in half and mans walks free. I'd normally be a bit sceptical too, Colm, but this one seems plausible enough. Very very lucky driver

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

As usual, the trees seem to have escaped with very minor injuries!

kbannon wrote:
    As usual, the trees seem to have escaped with very minor injuries!

Jaguar will devour most of them in the coming decades....

Advertisement