Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

google earth on mobile devices

• 04-03-2007 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

hi.
    i've been trying to use an app called mobile gmaps on my pocketpc. it's meant to offer access to google satellite maps on a windows mobile device but i've had no luck with it so far.

anyone tried it or know anything about it.

more generally, anyone else here successful in accessing google satellite maps on their phone?

any info appreciated.
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

what network are you on?
    i've used google maps on my k800 over vodafone's 3g and it worked perfectly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

i actually work for voda and have been using google maps app on my treo 750v...works a treat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

thanks.
    is that google maps or google earth you're referring to.

aren't google maps and google earth different?
    one is maps and the other is satellite imagery, right?

or are you actually able to get satellite imagery on your phones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

MiCr0 wrote:
    what network are you on?
    i've used google maps on my k800 over vodafone's 3g and it worked perfectly
    how much credit does it use up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i'm on bill pay (and its a work paid for phone) so i've no idea
    but i'm guessing a lot

• Advertisement

lads are ye talking about the google satellite imagery or the basic maps.
    sorry for posting twice but i just want to clear that up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

there on about google maps, ive never been able to get google earth on a phone myself

1huge1 wrote:
    there on about google maps, ive never been able to get google earth on a phone myself

thanks.
    that's why i'm just wondering about that app i mentioned above.

it's meant to offer GOOGLE EARTH satellite imagery on a windows mobile device. but so far i've got nothing over a gprs connection.. i could try it over wifi i suppose.

naturally i was intrigued about having google earth on a mobile device so i was fairly disappointed when it didn't work.

anybody else using this program?

Advertisement